Samsung UN55D6000FXZA - Won't stay on, standby light flashing rapidly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55D6000FXZA - Won't stay on, standby light flashing rapidly

This is a set I posted about a few years ago. Replaced LED strips and worked fine until now.

Plug the set in, and it will turn on and functions with no issues.

After a while, (sometimes hours, sometimes minutes, sometimes immediately) the tv shuts off. When I approach the TV I notice the standby light is flashing rapidly, but the pulse of each flash is not long enough to notice from afar.

Other than the standby light, the unit is completely unresponsive until the power is removed and reapplied, then the cycle starts over. It does appear that the time it takes to turn off gets shorter for each cycle.

I purchased a LED strip tester, and both strips show the same voltage - 162V. I'm assuming the LED strips are not the culprit this time because the voltage displayed on both strips are identical.

I've unplugged the jumper from the PSU to the mainboard and the backlights DO turn on.
    Last edited by fuxxy; 08-02-2022, 09:46 AM.

Re: Samsung UN55D6000FXZA - Won't stay on, standby light flashing rapidly

how bout some clear straight on pictures of each board and one of the whole back, as to see how everything is connected.

Comment

check the little fuse on the tcon board by the connector, see if you have about 12 steady volts on each side, neg. probe on metal chassis ground, pos. probe on each side, want to see if it's getting there with no problems.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-02-2022, 10:29 AM.

Comment

next time it goes off, try wiggling the cable from powerboard to mainboard, inspect that cable for any burn marks, can do a continuity test for each wire also, just be careful not to get the connections out of shape from pushing the probes in, I use stripped bread ties if needed.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definately take that into account.

I'll take some high-res photos of the boards as I can take them off.

The unit has been unplugged for a month now, I'm currently performing a burn-in as it has not shown any issues since I plugged it in earlier today.

Comment

BE VERY CAREFUL what you touch with your hands, the hot/primary side of powerboard and inverter board next to it have high voltages that can easily kill.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-02-2022, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X