Identify PS4 HDMI SMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify PS4 HDMI SMD

Another individual or tech horribly replaced the HDMI port. Customer pushed the whole inner wafer in knocking out three components. I have the diodes already in stock and have replaced hundreds of these ports. Can you label component that's identified by 16? I assume it's the same as the one directly below it. This is for CUH-1115A which probably the same as CUH-1005A.

Last edited by ElectronicsOverhaul; 02-28-2020, 12:24 PM.

Re: Identify PS4 HDMI SMD

Never mind, grabbed them from a BLoD board.

Comment

Likely just a pull up resistor.

Did you by any chance check the resistance of that location when you grabbed it from a BLOD system?
      -Thomas
      I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ngth82 View Post

Did you by any chance check the resistance of that location when you grabbed it from a BLOD system?
        I did not check them, probably should have. They were easy to transfer with hot tweezers though.

Comment

Cool. Just to follow up --- is the console good to go then? Did you fix it?

Looking at the HDMI pinout and assuming the color coding is correct. This is pin 16 -- the DDC Data -- it's an I2C bus dataline. The drivers are ope-drain and need a pull up to function.
          -Thomas
          I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Yes, it already has been repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by ngth82 View Post

A video game shop owner brought me a botched PS4 that someone tried to replace the HDMI port with the resistors out of placement from too much heat and a missing zener diode.

The two light blue/gray resistors on a CUH-1115A have the following attributes:

2k ohms
              1 x 0.5mm or 0402 (1005 metric)
              Height: 0.35mm
              Power: either 1/16W or 1/10W, higher probably better

I've replaced several zener diodes with P/N VDZT2R5.6B on PS4s, and they've always worked. They're close to the port on the CUH-1215A model, and sometimes customers push the ports inward knocking off the diode. Saw two diodes blow along with an HDMI encoder IC once.

Comment

Hello everyone
                I posted a new topic, I have almost the same concern
                Last edited by Christian0734; 11-15-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what type or value the diode represents in the yellow sqaure.. Its missing and i have no donorboard .
                  Thanks in advance

Gerard,

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the resistor or capacitor is label 18 in this image? I've seen it described as a resistor and others say it's a capacitor. I am repairing a board for a friend that it was missing. So I don't have a donor board to look it up or transfer it from.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechengr103 View Post
                      Can anyone tell me what the resistor or capacitor is label 18 in this image? I've seen it described as a resistor and others say it's a capacitor. I am repairing a board for a friend that it was missing. So I don't have a donor board to look it up or transfer it from.
                      It looks like a ceramic capacitors. According to image in first post, it connects to the pink trace, which appears to be some kind of a power rail (5V?) My guess would be, that ceramic cap is there for just extra noise filtering on the power rail, and the HDMI port might work fine without it. But if you really wanted to have something there, I think 100-470 nF cap will probably do the trick. You can find 100 nF caps on the PCI-E lanes of discrete computer GPUs.

Comment

Working...
                      X