Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenwood KM265 Please can you identify these components.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenwood KM265 Please can you identify these components.

Hi all,

I'm trying to repair a Kenwood KM265 food mixer but need help identifying a couple of sensing components.

The first is a 2 legged device that looks like a resistor with yellow,orange, violet bands (43MΩ) When measured it actually reads approximately 87Ω.
    This device is adjacent to a rotating shaft that circular magnet in close proximity. If i move a magnet close to the device the resistance jumps about.

The 2nd device has 3 legs and looks like a TO92 package. I think it's used to detect the presence of a mixer whisk or similar.

As you look at the picture the right hand leg (blue wire) has +5V DC. The markings are in 2 lines:
    113?
    But its difficult to decipher the last digit on the second line.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nevillet; 02-20-2022, 08:32 AM.

Re: Please can you identify these components.

The device is a hall effect, likely a OH137. The second line will be a date code. This is the position speed sensor.

What looks like a resistor might be a coil? or similar, that part of the mechanism is the tachometer assembly. If the resistance changes when the magnet passes by it might be ok.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 02-20-2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Many thanks RJ. I'll report back.

Comment

Re: Kenwood KM265 Please can you identify these components.

Hi Gents, i received a Kenwood Prospero KM280 from a friend. It has exactly the same parts with the one posted by Nevillet hence i want to ask this question here if that would be fine. If not you may remove this post.

Condition when i received the unit: (Not working at all, fuse in the main plug still intact, i tested all parts in the PCB and found these defective -> BTB16 600v triac very low value, 0.33uF 275x2 open, 4x 1.1kohm resistors in very corroded state and even 1 leg detached.)

Main 24v switching relay and all other diodes, resistors, 0.15uF cap are all good and also cleaned the carbon motor brush, all fuses are intact.

I replaced the triac with new BT16 600v and now has good output value, 4x1.1k ohm resistor, 0.33uF cap.

Voila!!!! it worked but i am still facing an issue.

It just works for a few seconds even when i tried all the speed levels. It autoshut-off after few seconds and i have to operate the speed level knob again to make it work. Someone in the forums tells about overload protection. Where can i find that? Is it like thermal protection or something built-in the motor? because i havent dismantled the motor yet.

thanks in advance

Additional note: i dont have the k-beater/whisk or any other stirrer attachments for this unit and i am thinking it could also affect and initiate the auto-shut off as safety mechanism, maybe i am wrong.. just an assumption. Well that is only a wild guess as i dont have the manual for this mixer.
        Last edited by rayfloyd170; 03-13-2022, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          The device is a hall effect, likely a OH137. The second line will be a date code. This is the position speed sensor.

What looks like a resistor might be a coil? or similar, that part of the mechanism is the tachometer assembly. If the resistance changes when the magnet passes by it might be ok.
          Hi R_J, i hope you can help me. it seems you are knowledgeable about this. Thanks in advance

Comment

Re: Kenwood KM265 Please can you identify these components.

i found out the circular magnet becomes loose from the shaft underneath the high speed gear and i put some glue to it; now i managed to make the mixer work somehow but not 100% perfect. sometimes when i get lucky it will work non-stop with lower speed ( a bit tricky to operate the knob). i am thinking it has worn out potentiometer too. often it will work high speed and auto-shutdown for few seconds like the pulsating function. if i operate the knob -potentiometer very slowly then it will continuously work...

Comment

Originally posted by Nevillet View Post
              Many thanks RJ. I'll report back.
              did you manage to fix your KM265? what did you do?

Comment

Working...
              X