No announcement yet.

BUSH LED2497ODVDFHD, 17PW80 V2, Dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BUSH LED2497ODVDFHD, 17PW80 V2, Dead!

Take Note of Michael Dranfield's comments- A Television magazine veteran,who knows his stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by boghopper View Post
      hi, i have replaced D708 D709 D710 after finding that my JVC 24" tv wouldn`t turn on this morning, i replaced them with sb5100 diodes, but this hasn`t worked, all the caps are in good condition (not domed or topped out). i have no way of testing individual components, only by sight. so is it worth me changing the two diodes next door to the 3 i have changed today?

any advice would be much appreciated, i don`t want to send this for recycling if it`s an easy fix.

many thanks
      Glenn
      Totally dead or flashing Led ?
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by steviewonder View Post
        Take Note of Michael Dranfield's comments- A Television magazine veteran,who knows his stuff!
        Nice to still be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
          Totally dead or flashing Led ?
          totally dead

Comment

Originally posted by michael dranfield View Post
            Nice to still be remembered.
            It was a very good magazine i used to get it each month pity they stopped it but with the internet etc most people use online i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by boghopper View Post
              hi, i have replaced D708 D709 D710 after finding that my JVC 24" tv wouldn`t turn on this morning, i replaced them with sb5100 diodes, but this hasn`t worked, all the caps are in good condition (not domed or topped out). i have no way of testing individual components, only by sight. so is it worth me changing the two diodes next door to the 3 i have changed today?

any advice would be much appreciated, i don`t want to send this for recycling if it`s an easy fix.

many thanks
              Glenn
              Welcome to the forum we will be able to help you more if you can buy/borrow a multi meter meter we can advise you on how to use it etc if your not sure maplin etc sell some resonably priced multi meters.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                Welcome to the forum we will be able to help you more if you can buy/borrow a multi meter meter we can advise you on how to use it etc if your not sure maplin etc sell some resonably priced multi meters.
                Hi vinceroger69, if i`m totally honest, it`s been on my wish lish for a while now, butmy confidence in using one is very low. i can build pc`s no problem, and replace blown caps, but fault finding as such is my weak point. i will invest in one this weekend if i get the chance, it`s been a long time coming.

many thanks for the warm welcome.

Comment

hi vinceroger69, whilst i never got back to you from the end of last year, i did purchase a multi meter and learnt how to use it for specific tests etc. i have now had the time to do some more testing on the power board that was problematic.

the results were conclusive that d712 and d713 diodes needed replacing, i have done this job this morning and all is good again with the tv.

whilst i appreciate your offer to help back in december 2016, i found it better to teach myself as the information stays lock in.

thanks again and all the best to you, i may be come knocking again one day.

Comment

Glad you managed too get the tv working again and thanks for the update as this may help other forum users repair there sets too.

Comment

Hi there im new and just been looking to see if there is a resolution to my TV issue with the 17pw80 board. unlike most on here, however, mine seems to be a little different in that the TV is NOT totally dead. i DO get a flashing stand by light (green from memory, its a Bush badged TV) but nothing else. has this issue ever been seen before, as the common fault with the diodes, seems to leave the TVs totally dead. can anyone shed a light on this?
                      Im trying to teach myself basic electronics (im a mechanic by training, and theres so many throw away parts that could be repaired...) as i hate to throw things out that could be repaired economically with a little time and some cheap(ish) parts!

Comment

flashing led maybe a firmware issue

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                          flashing led maybe a firmware issue
                          thanks. not sure how i would go about fixing that. it was our daughters TV in their bedroom (theyre 5 and 7) and it worked fine prior to the house move. after the move (literally to the house next door, not by our choice) where the TV was literally carried out from 1 bedroom and into the new room, the TV worked perfectly for a couple of days then just stopped, hence my thinking it was an internal fault. it would be GREAT if it was an easier fix than that though!

thinking about this some more, can it even be done when the TV wont come out of stand by?
                          Last edited by turbopete; 08-22-2018, 02:18 PM. Reason: afterthought

Comment

Is it "normal" for these 24" sets to have the most annoying and horrible high pitched whine on the speakers? Its only just audible, but its constant and annoying!

I've just peeked at the circuit and it uses a PT2333 Class D for the speaker output, which explains a lot (how small is that audio chip!!), and there's nothing standout obvious wrong on the PCB, I just find it hard to believe someone would design something that makes such a horrible noise all the time.
                            Last edited by Harvey; 08-28-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Does it have audio line out? Do you get high pitch on audio line out also? Does the pitch change when making the backlights level adjustment?
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Headphone out seem clean enough, its driven from a separate line drive IC. Plugging in headphones 99% mutes the speakers, but doesn't stop the noise!

I'll try and get the scope out the back of the spare room and see if I can figure anything out. I'm not liking the look of the speaker amp chips being powered off the 5V_VCC rail...

Comment

I've seen (well, heard) other Vestel units with this flaw, so it doesn't really surprise me.
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi all, have read the rules and hope bumping/necroposting this thread is OK (seems to have been bumped a few times over the years!). I've just replaced the 5 diodes on my 17PW80 board with UF5402s and got it powering up again, but I'm now getting quite loud coil whine from the power inverter on the board (SMP-C2776, TR700 on circuit diagram). Could it be related to the new diodes? If not I'll just try pushing some thermal glue into it since replacement inverters are £20 on eBay, and this TV's barely worth more than the glue...

Comment

could be a faulty capacitor.

Comment

Something probably loading down circuit.
                                        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Sorry about the slow reply and thanks for the tips - I actually just put the TV back together and can barely hear the whine, so I think it was either like that already or isn't an issue anyway!

Comment

Working...
                                          X