Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG OLED 55EC930V Horizontal flashing lines problems

Originally posted by st0rmcat View Post
    Did you ever get to the point where you could compare the images of the eMMCs? Or possibly swap images to see what happens?

I am in the same boat as you with a 55EF9500 model. In my case, it would display vertical lines across the screen that would sparkle/shimmer. They would go away and come back randomly it seemed. I just replaced the T-CON with what seems to be an identical replacement as far as model, version, and other numbers on the board. It showed image retention from its previous TV home, but setting the compensation interval to 0 and turning off the TV cleared that up pretty well. Now I'm getting wide vertical bands... but the rest of the picture looks great.

I don't know if this TV is worth all this effort of buying a programmer, etc, but it still interests me. Depending on what you find, I might dive in for the heck of it. Is it possible to read the eMMC while it's on the board?

Craig
    What I found, is the new TCON and the old TCON eMMC contains almost same data, comparison was not easy, but data on the original is shifted up, it means the memory controller inside the eMMC is the real problem, it allocates memory in a bad way. So is IMHO impossible to recover original panel compensation and copy it, because part of the data are outside visible range coz badly allocated by the eMMC. Is clearly a Micron eMMC problem due to a bad chip sorting during production. What is "funny" is that piece costs only 4$ but makes a 2.5K TV unusable. So the only way is to replace completely the TCON but since the TCONs we found on ebay, are taken from shorted/broken panel TVs, the FPGA chip can be also partially faulty, this is why we get large vertical bands. The only way in my opinion is to resolder OLD TCON to the new TCON board. But we never get back the original calibration, we will always see halos somewhere. If we can access the eMMC memory maybe LG stored somewhere during production, it will be easier, but I don't really think it will be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by maxino View Post
      What I found, is the new TCON and the old TCON eMMC contains almost same data, comparison was not easy, but data on the original is shifted up, it means the memory controller inside the eMMC is the real problem, it allocates memory in a bad way. So is IMHO impossible to recover original panel compensation and copy it, because part of the data are outside visible range coz badly allocated by the eMMC. Is clearly a Micron eMMC problem due to a bad chip sorting during production. What is "funny" is that piece costs only 4$ but makes a 2.5K TV unusable. So the only way is to replace completely the TCON but since the TCONs we found on ebay, are taken from shorted/broken panel TVs, the FPGA chip can be also partially faulty, this is why we get large vertical bands. The only way in my opinion is to resolder OLD TCON to the new TCON board. But we never get back the original calibration, we will always see halos somewhere. If we can access the eMMC memory maybe LG stored somewhere during production, it will be easier, but I don't really think it will be possible.

Hi , I m in the same problem, OLED55C9 T-CON switch OFF tv between 30-1m30sec so I bought new T-con and the problem is that I got vertical bands

Did you find in the end a way to copy data from old eMMC memory and write to new one?

Thank you

Comment

unfortunately the original eMMC is readable, but data corrupted, so it's impossible to copy between them, I checked both with HEX editor, and the data is organized in a different way, so is not the memory itself, is memory controller that is addressing data in a wrong way, the original one data seems to be shifted up. Since I got the vertical bands too, I wanted to try the latest version of that TCON, see picture attached:

new version
        6870C-0477C LG550LUD-LGP2-X31 DESIGNED 2014 NOV 8TH

the one I have now is (OLD)
        6870C-0555A LC550LUD-LGP1-831 DESIGNED 2015 JUN 10TH

I hope someone already tried this solution.
        Thank you!
        Attached Files

Comment

Seems like these OLED issues are never as simple as I had hoped. I have read/lurked alot here and was hoping swapping in a T-con board could help my TV.

I have yet to multimeter test the T-con board, and I am somewhat unsure of how to do it, so I considered just finding one on ebay and swapping it. You are so knowledgeable here.

Was a $2000 Tv so very sad that it just died outside of warranty. I am new member so apologies for adding to old thread.

Comment

good afternoon, I have a problem with the same TV, when I turn it on, the lg symbol lights up in white in front for 4 seconds and turns off again, the on command appears but the drive command does not, I have already turned off the power to the tcon board but it remains the same, replaces the main board but it didn't solve it, it doesn't give an error code, I put a resistance of 100 omios between the on command and the drive command (1 and 2 of p201) and the right part of the screen doesn't light up, I don't know if I should incriminate the display, help would be appreciated
            mnjoao

Comment

I don't think oled was or is ready for prime time, witness all the problems in this thread alone. Just a little comparison without going into great detail: OLED vs QLED tv: Oled-better blacks: Qled-higher color purity, can get much brighter, big plus for me hate dingy whites, cost less, longer life span, more reliable imo, I'm satisfied with their blacks, clear winner Qled.

Comment

So I choose full array Qled tvs over oled, skip the edge lit.

Comment

Working...
                X