LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Hello, i cant get this patcher to work, can someone help me with file for my x260? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Badurson View Post
      Hello, i cant get this patcher to work, can someone help me with file for my x260? Thanks in advance
      See the post above yours,have you tried from the command line.Have you installed python. What is the error message,if any ,or what is the problem you`re having.
      There`s an X260 bios prepatched in another thread - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...42&postcount=4
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I have python, when i try to run autopatcher in cmd i get this...
        Attached Files

Comment

I have python, when i try to run autopatcher in cmd i get this...
          What is "Nie mo" ,isn`t your bios named something like "locked.bin"
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I get this „nie mo” massage every time i try to do any thing with autopatcher, I tried to put only autopatcher.cmd, I tried autopatcher.cmd + file name, tried changing name thinking many the name is causing an error. I'm using windows 10 with latest python so nothing unusual 🤷🏽*♂️

Comment

I get this „nie mo” massage every time i try to do any thing with autopatcher, I tried to put only autopatcher.cmd, I tried autopatcher.cmd + file name, tried changing name thinking many the name is causing an error. I'm using windows 10 with latest python so nothing unusual 🤷🏽*♂️
              Thats weird ,i can only suggest you try the prepatched one for now https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81573

Comment

I didn’t want to use different one because I read somewhere that for this to work it need to be based on my original bios ��

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                  Command prompt (cmd.exe). Run as administrator.
                  OK, so what? Can you please tell me in detail the procedure to follow?
                  thank you

Comment

ThinkPad Edge E431 need help to unlock supervisor password,,thankyou

Comment

• SRajanrana
                      SRajanrana commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Need Hhelp To UnlockThinkPad Edge E431
                      need patch file if u have.

thxx..

Try this ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, first-time poster newbie here I hope everyone is good.

I've been following the thread from the beginning referencing some important tutorial links on youtube and other great extensive shared ideas on here which are really helpful. Thanks to the creator of this forum and all contributors bringing really good stuff to share and learn.

HELP needed I've got a Lenovo T460s 20FA model and want to unlock the BIOS password. I recently bought the Dealikee SOIC8 SOP8 Test Clip EEPROM Flash BIOS USB +1.8V Adapter + Soic8 Adapter Programmer Module Kit Set for EEPROM 93CXX / 25CXX / 24CXX + CH341A 24 25 Series

I have already moded the CH341A downgrading voltage from 5v to 3v as instructed from the start of this forum.

Is it possible to use that croc clip shown below on a chip and save the original BIOS, Flash and replace the current BIOS with the generated patch file and send it back to the chip again without desoldering the chip from the motherboard?

Do I need to remove or unplug the CMOS battery during the process or it's just the 2 main batteries?

Thanks in advance

Comment

If you use a clip, you have to remove the main battery and CMOS battery from the main board, but sometimes the CH341A is not compatible with the clip. Then you have to remove the chip from the main board.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                          If you use a clip, you have to remove the main battery and CMOS battery from the mainboard, but sometimes the CH341A is not compatible with the clip. Then you have to remove the chip from the mainboard.
                          Thanks for the prompt reply I really appreciate it. I will try and give it a shot hopefully I won't stumble.
                          Of the 3 programming software, NeoProgrammer, Colibri, and AsProgrammer which would you recommend using?

Also, do I need to plug in a 1.8v adapter into the CH321A together with the clip or 3.3v from CH321A is good enough for the process without needing the 1.8v adapter?

Comment

Originally posted by Ldee247 View Post
                            Thanks for the prompt reply I really appreciate it.
                            I don't use the CH341A so can't give you any advice on what software to use.
                            If your bios chip is 1.8 volts then an adapter must be used.
                            Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-29-2022, 04:53 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

I don't use the CH341A so can't give you any advice on what software to use.
                              If your bios chip is 1.8 volts then an adapter must be used.
                              Cheers thank you for your input let me dig a little bit more hopefully someone using it will respond.

Thanks

Comment

Hi, help needed Lenovo T460S 20FA,

1. I did a BIOS OG backup using CH321A black version moded to 3v and As programmer.
                                2. I uploaded my chip with a patched file supplied here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81573

3. Laptop won't boot up only using adapter charger, all 2 main batteries removed + CMOS battery during boot up.

4. Tried pressing the reset button underneath the laptop no joy still.

Am I missing something any help I would greatly appreciate?

Comment

Why don't you use the auto patcher on the first page of this thread and are you sure you have successfully dumped the bios file from your computer? where is your bios file?

Comment

Tried again this morning and it worked the laptop booted ok. I managed to patch it ok.

After restoring the Original BIOS procedure at what point do I install all the 3 batteries?

Do I need to boot 1 more time with the original BIOS restored while the batteries are still out or restore the BIOS, insert batteries then boot?

Comment

Originally posted by Ldee247 View Post
                                      Tried again this morning and it worked the laptop booted ok. I managed to patch it ok.

After restoring the Original BIOS procedure at what point do I install all the 3 batteries?

Do I need to boot 1 more time with the original BIOS restored while the batteries are still out or restore the BIOS, insert batteries then boot?
                                      You can also pack everything up before you turn on the machine.

Comment

You can also pack everything up before you turn on the machine.
                                        Thank you very much for your great support machine up and running I've managed to boot up. Now just need to set up and disable stuff inside BIOS and restore to defaults.

Comment

Working...
                                        X