Help identifying capacitor pacakge type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying capacitor pacakge type

Hello. I am trying to repair an oscilloscope that needs two capacitors, but I have never seen this type of packaging, so I don't know how to search for them. I know I could probably replace them with other electrolytics, but I would like to keep them as close as possible to the original since they go in the second channel of the oscilloscope.

Note: The soldering is poor, this was done a lot of years ago, I am much better now. I had removed the components that were causing a short and not letting the oscilloscope boot. This let me use channel 1 fine, and I have been using just one channel ever since. Now I would like a second channel, so I am buying the -12v regulator and the missing capatiors. Any Idea?

Re: Help identifying capacitor pacakge type

those are very early type surface-mount electrolytics - you want to get rid of all of them.
    replace them with tantalums if you can fit them.

what happened to the input pin of the 12v regulator??

Comment

Re: Help identifying capacitor pacakge type

I cut it off, it was shorted to ground. I didn't remove the whole regulator since it was just to see if I could get the oscilloscope booting, then the plan was to order the parts if it booted. But once I saw that I had channel one, I just it left as is.

Comment

Working...
      X