Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technogym Synchro Excite 7 cross trainer.is this the correct ic replacement ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technogym Synchro Excite 7 cross trainer.is this the correct ic replacement ?

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/line-...ce-ics/0833535

and does it even need it as nothing plugs in to those pins .
    Attached Files

Re: is this the correct ic replacement ?

bigger pic
    Attached Files

Comment

yeah probably right, does the board work with the broken one?
      Probably for some optional equipment, I still don't get how that could have broke except for mechanical damage?

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
        yeah probably right, does the board work with the broken one?
        Probably for some optional equipment, I still don't get how that could have broke except for mechanical damage?
        board was working then i switched machine off and back on and no screen so took it apart and powered up then the magic smoke came out .
        its a technogym synchro excite 7 cross trainer .
        this was after i put new caps into power supply but it still wouldnt come until i started taking panel apart then i screwed it back down and still working .. maybe i did short something or that ic was failing already .
        do you think i should remove the chip and see if it then works ?

Comment

74ACT244 high speed buffer - did you connect that cable upside-down or offset by a pin?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            74ACT244 high speed buffer - did you connect that cable upside-down or offset by a pin?
            nothing there to plug into those pins .

Comment

still wondering if its a good idea to remove the ic chip and see if it powers up ok without it ?
              its just i haven't a clue as to what its there for and cant find any manuals for this exact console .
              its just that the machine is ten miles away and will need to bring the panel back here to work on it so the miles will soon clock up .

Comment

Re: Technogym Synchro Excite 7 cross trainer.is this the correct ic replacement ?

cant you take the hot air station and tweezers to the machine?
                you wont do damage running it without the chip - at worse the touchscreen wont run right.

Comment

Re: Technogym Synchro Excite 7 cross trainer.is this the correct ic replacement ?

there have been developments .i removed the chip and powered it up but it was tripping then a pop and spark and more smoke .. a cap left the board c61.. i then took a look at 5.0v and 3.3v points marked on the board . 3.3v ok 5v at 9.6v so it then was then apparent why that ic blew up .
                  took a good look at the board and a buck controller ic had been pushed so its pins were bent . removed it and straightened the traces on the board the best i could .now searching for another max1761 converter . hoping to find one on an old laptop board .
                  Last edited by petehall347; 03-18-2022, 12:36 PM.

Comment

c61 ..thinking 10uf ?
                    and bent controller .. tried straightening its legs but one fell off like they do .
                    am hoping nothing else got cooked .
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by petehall347; 03-18-2022, 12:36 PM.

Comment

hoping i got these pads straight enough for the max1761 i did lose one but looks easy enough to bend the corner pin onto where i scraped it back a bit .
                      Attached Files

Comment

i am wondering if it would be ok to replace the blown c61 with a regular 10uf cap ? at least whilst testing .
                        i still cant find that max1761 chip yet at the right price .

Comment

ok more thing developing .or rather i am finding more shorted things ... at least 1 dual fet and one single one . replacements on the way for all parts needed up to know .

there is something a bit odd by the inverter connection .. single fet 8 pin p channel has been changed before and rather badly it is shorted and a trace has been cut ..will add photos shortly ..
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by petehall347; 03-22-2022, 03:56 PM.

Comment

am wondering about powering this thing up to test when new parts fitted . it looks like it should have 12v and 5v lines .i dont have a bench supply as yet but do have plenty of pc supplies . with these being switch mode supplies the variac isnt much use .
                            am thinking resistors and fuses but dont have a clue what its supposed to draw on each line ..any suggestions would be gratefully received . its just when things pop and crack and the smoke releases it pisses me off big style .

Comment

i forgot to mention the shorted fet by the inverter is a IRF7406 .
                              the others are by the damaged max1761 and are IRF7319. one might be ok but measured 5 ohms at one point i presume my meter switched it on so changing it anyway .
                              its the cut trace and the fet bothers me as i dont know if part is correct one or if cut trace is from factory or a bodge .

Comment

will be ready to power this up soon ... what wattage bulbs should i use to limit the current enough from a pc power supply ?

Comment

ok after some sweating and wasting a chip that cost 6 quid because of my bad soldering . its maybe back in business ..
                                  Attached Files

Comment

more problems now .tried it back on the machine and the touch screen is not working and it reboots itself about every 30 seconds so must be more damage .. i don't really know how to diagnose it as no service manual for it .

Comment

Working...
                                    X