Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KRP500M/Pro101FD, trap switch? Manual?

Hi All

Every once in a while you get to work on a Cadillac.

I recieved a Pro101FD today that the customer says is dead, I've pulled the back and can't see anything burnt and there are no obvious bulged caps.

Some light googling warns me of a trap switch on some Pioneer models. I can't see one but am wary that I might be missing it and I read that if you power up with the switch open it goes into a state that doesn't recover when the rear cover goes back on.

I also can't find a manual, does anyone have one? It would tell me if there was a trap switch and a lot of other stuff too!

I see that Tom66 seems to be the resident Kuro Guru, can you help me out Tom?

JayArr

Re: KRP500M/Pro101FD, trap switch? Manual?

i would have thought it would have wires to it and can be defeated if needed ..
    hard to see it without pictures or hacking your web cam in the hope its pointing at it...

Comment

Well, that's sort of the point of the question Pete. I can't see it either and I don't know what it looks like so I don't know if I've missed it or if it doesn't exist on this set.

Pic attached of the back after the rear cover came off.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by JayArr_BC; 10-29-2018, 06:54 PM. Reason: pic

Comment

most busiest tv i have seen in a long time ...
        only thing i can think is the rear cover might have a peg like thing to poke through a hole to press a switch .. all the best with it .

Comment

Good idea on the plunger so I went and looked, no luck, there isn't anything on the rear cover like that.

It's not even a TV, if you look closely you'll see there isn't a tuner anywhere. It's Pioneers high end Plasma Video Monitor. One add I saw on Google said MSRP was $4500 when it came out. It's quite the package, looks like they threw the kitchen sink at it, there are 8 inputs, composite video, component video, VGA, DVI and four HDMI and then there is a RS232 comm port and a LAN port as well!

Comment

out of my depth with this one .. dont mind following along to learn though

Comment

good info

Comment

Last edited by R_J; 05-25-2022, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X