Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG50PK350 C802 Cap choice?

Hi,

My PK350 went for the fameous clicking and didnt start up. I found that the C802 cap (green pic) was a bit deformed and so i tried to match it with a new 2000v 0.047uf cap - now it starts up, but the picture is blurry, its purple/dark and the refresh rate is somehow in the area once every 4sec.

i found that the original cap is a high frequency/high pulse-cap. Is it possible that i need a hf/hp cap and that the normal cap i used as replacement causes the tv to start but picture to be faulty?

PSU board EAX61392501/8

The original cap is the green one

The replacement i tried is the red one

Sufficient replacement? (ebay screen dump) Nowhere near measurements for soldering but i guess i can use some wire to make the connections...

Should have taken pics on the tv with the now blurry image, though i have it stoved away out of reach from my kids..

Thanks in advance
    Anton, Sweden
    Attached Files

Re: LG50PK350 C802 Cap choice?

Looks like that green one is 033 and the red is 047, they say try to get the uf right and maybe go up a little in voltage, could be your problem.

Comment

The green and red are 0.47 uf at 1500v
      The green caps hardly ever fail
      I suspect you have other issue
      Bad S sus i suspect
      Last edited by chrismurphy; 08-30-2019, 07:16 AM.

Comment

The original green cap is made by SHINYEI, MPP, FLS series, the H = +/- 3%
        Last edited by R_J; 08-30-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismurphy View Post
          Bad S sus i suspect
          Sorry i missed your posts, didnt know i had to manually subscribe to my own threads

I've found several other threads where the C802 cap (the one i swapped) on this psu-board was the culprit. Mine is'nt round on the top "ridge" but a little /\ shaped which made me suspect i had the same issue.

The "HF" marking on the original green cap suggests High Frequency according to the manufacturers datasheet - can anybody tell if thats what im missing with the red replacement cap ive used and maybe that'll explain the "half functioning" display ive got as a result?

The issue came intermittent over a long time that the tv didnt turn on but only clicked. so as long as 1 cap failed any other component shouldnt follow and die aswell is my guess.

Think i should order the HF cap as i attached a pic on and try it. Mostly posting here to find out if youre sure it is to no use going that direction

Comment

Originally posted by chrismurphy View Post
            Bad S sus i suspect
            Before replacing the green cap the TV didnt start, just click. After replacing the green cap with the red cap the tv starts but picture is bad. Bad S sus would say theres 2 faults occuring the same time?

Comment

Your fault now lies with the Z-sus Bd. Perhaps when the Z-sus Bd. took out the 0.047uF cap.

Comment

Working...
              X