Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2010 40 in. LCD Television

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    Not sure if they are similar but I was having picture size problems with firetv on my kdl 46S4100, seems to be ok after going into display and sound on firetv -display-I set video resolution on 720 and calibrate display is set at 3% scale.
    I should of tried that but i have gave the tv back now but if i ever see it again i will see if that fix works on the tv.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      Hi thank you for the information and the link i actually did order these boards from ebay
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-BOAR...72.m2749.l2649
      the the set now works fine the ebay advert said mainboard but i was not it was the board i needed so i just swapped them both out and the set now works fine and has already been returned to the customer but if i ever have another set with the same fault i may try the firmware so thanks again.
      The only other issue i noticed on the set myself was hdmi picture size overscan issue (too large) but no option to alter this in any menu settings the customer said it did not bother them so i left it alone.
      Yes not unusual for sellers not to know what the boards are!
      This took me ages to work out originally as I bought a so called working set of boards! It turned out every board was defective besides one of the analogue aerial boards (the other board you bought). Eventually read somewhere else having similar issues and they resolved by changing the FEE board.
      Glad you resolved it successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        I should of tried that but i have gave the tv back now but if i ever see it again i will see if that fix works on the tv.
        If you ever get another set that uses the FEE board you can try swopping it over and try upgrading the firmware on it. If your successful you can resell or have it as a spare.

Comment

Working...
        X