Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Computer Displays
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2020, 12:47 AM   #1
Jupdown

City & State: Toronto, Ontario
My Country: Canada
Line Voltage: 120VAC 60Hz
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Question LG Flattron W2442PA CCFL to LED Conversion Question

Hello all! Recently one of my two LG Flattron W2442PAs kicked out with the 2 seconds to black issue. After coming across a thread with a similar issue and performing some tests using my other fully functioning W2442PA, I had determined that the issue was with the CCFL bulbs (as the board from the bad monitor would drive the good monitor's backlights without tripping the CCFL protection, and vice versa the good monitor's board would trip the CCFL protection when hooked up to the bad monitor's CCFLs).

So to resolve this issue, I ordered a LED Backlight Strip Upgrade Kit from ebay, somehow thinking it would be plug-and-play. Fast forward to today when they finally arrived and I realized that I was very wrong about that.

From what I now understand, I will have to solder the LED driver board to the power supply in order for this upgrade to work. However, I haven't the first clue where to be soldering which connection. I looked at the service manual and the schematic and I'm struggling to make sense of them next to the actual PSU board.

Could some kind soul please help me figure out what connections I need to solder with this CCFL to LED upgrade kit and where to solder them on the PSU board so I can revive this old dinosaur for another decade (hopefully)?
Attached Images
File Type: png Schematic.png (152.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg PSU Topside.jpg (1.36 MB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg PSU Underside.jpg (1.31 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg PSU Underside Left Zoom.jpg (1.69 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg PSU Underside Right Zoom.jpg (1.52 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg LED Driver Board Topside.jpg (732.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg LED Driver Board Underside.jpg (746.4 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf W2442PA Service Manual.pdf (5.25 MB, 5 views)
Jupdown is offline   Reply With Quote