Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Probook 450 G6

Hi , can some use information to put me in the right direction , i am newby

I got a HP Probook 450 G6 DAX8JMB16E0 Rev E .
    When i turn it on , i hear the fan spinning , but got black screen, also no picture thru HDMI .

Mayby Bios . but also reprogrammed it , no result .

Pls put me in the right direction , learning.

Re: HP Probook 450 G6

Link the schematic/boardview,if available. Start by measuring voltage on all big grey coils when turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      Link the schematic/boardview,if available. Start by measuring voltage on all big grey coils when turned on.
      Attached Files

Comment

The 6.9v on the photo seems wrong. you might mean 0.9v.
        Have you really measured 6.9v on those two coils?
        Last edited by caspian; 06-13-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Voltage on all coils seems correct if that 6.9V is 0.9V as @caspian has pointed out. The bios you flashed was with clean me or just any other dump sourced from net?? To me,it still seems like bios issue. What is the consumption on dc supply 01.With ram 02.Without ram??

Comment

Voltage on all coils seems correct if that 6.9V is 0.9V as @caspian has pointed out. The bios you flashed was with clean me or just any other dump sourced from net?? To me,it still seems like bios issue. What is the consumption on dc supply 01.With ram 02.Without ram??
            Sir with ram if board gets hot and no display,without ram no hot and led blinks indicating of ram missing, what can be the issue

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
              The 6.9v on the photo seems wrong. you might mean 0.9v.
              Have you really measured 6.9v on those two coils?
              Caspian is right , point in the wrong place Its 0.82

Comment

Originally posted by usyusy View Post
                Sir with ram if board gets hot and no display,without ram no hot and led blinks indicating of ram missing, what can be the issue
                With and without Ram 02

Comment

Originally posted by usyusy View Post
                  There can be n number of issues. When ram is not installed, mb doesnt rech S0 state,so will remain relatively cool as many rails dont come up. But thats not the point. You need to observe dc supply consumption in both scenarios-With ram/without ram. If the consumption is more or less same, it indicates mb is not reading ram. Often the cause is SDA/SCL bus though there can be other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by caprigtx View Post
                    With and without Ram 02
                    What do you mean ?? I couldnt understand.

Comment

There can be n number of issues. When ram is not installed, mb doesnt rech S0 state,so will remain relatively cool as many rails dont come up. But thats not the point. You need to observe dc supply consumption in both scenarios-With ram/without ram. If the consumption is more or less same, it indicates mb is not reading ram. Often the cause is SDA/SCL bus though there can be other reasons.
                      right sir, cpu section was getting hot, mb, i think, was reading ram (as without ram led was blinking), thank you for concept clearance.

Comment

I mean , voltage with ram or without ram stays the same.
                        If i connect the power the fan is spinning fast , and cpu is getting hot.

And caps is blinking 4 times.
                        Last edited by caprigtx; 06-15-2022, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I think Grapics controller not functiona.l

Comment

4 flashes can indicate a problem related to the initialization of the graphic controller as you say, although it's strange if the voltage on the gpu coil is correct.
                            Note that in the new bios there is a new blink code, and with 4.x flashes can also indicate a temperature (or sensor) problem. how many flashes/pauses do you see with and without ram?

Edit: have you tried another ram? remember that with the integrated gpu even a faulty ram can give an error on the graphics card
                            Last edited by vannix; 06-15-2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by caprigtx View Post
                              I mean , voltage with ram or without ram stays the same.
                              If i connect the power the fan is spinning fast , and cpu is getting hot.

And caps is blinking 4 times.
                              You mean voltage or current consumption?? Are you using a dc supply to power the machine or adapter??

Comment

Originally posted by vannix View Post
                                4 flashes can indicate a problem related to the initialization of the graphic controller as you say, although it's strange if the voltage on the gpu coil is correct.
                                Note that in the new bios there is a new blink code, and with 4.x flashes can also indicate a temperature (or sensor) problem. how many flashes/pauses do you see with and without ram?

Edit: have you tried another ram? remember that with the integrated gpu even a faulty ram can give an error on the graphics card
                                Yes tryed other ram, same result.

Comment

You mean voltage or current consumption?? Are you using a dc supply to power the machine or adapter??
                                  I used adapter.

Comment

I mean voltage

Comment

Have you checked if there is signs of oxidation/water damage?

The current draw test suggested by mcplslg123 would also be important if you can do it

Check also this...
                                      Originally posted by vannix View Post
                                      how many flashes/pauses do you see with and without ram?
                                      Last edited by vannix; 06-17-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Without ram it blinks 3x fast and 2x slow.

No signs off any oxidation or water damage.

Comment

Working...
                                        X