Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware wanted (?) Telefunken D49U472R4CWH - 17MB130s

Hi everybody,

This is a quick story of me, trying to fix a mainboard for the first time. Maby you can help me, but maby you can have a little laugh also

First off, numbers:

Telefunken UHD TV D49U472R4CWH
    Vestel 17MB130
    Panel: 49_VESQNDLN11_2D_UHD_D_XDF0_V_130_2372611_272611.xls - V2.18
    Serial number: 101120064

Some months ago, I had a funny bug occurring on my TV: the mainboard received a "down" signal, which wouldn't stop resulting in an ongoing lowering of volume.
    As I was able to counter the signal by pushing the 3-way switch upwards, I deduced, that the switch (which is directly soldered to the mb) must somehow be broken.
    As I don't know to solder, I took a heat-gun and just vanished the whole switch. The rest of the mb seemed undamaged (aside the already broken aux-output, which melted a bit) and so I built everything back together.
    The good news: the TV still awakes and seems to work fine
    The bad news: the bug still occurs and the false signal is still lowering the volume!

At this point, I can no longer hide, that I am a complete novice.

I didn't know what else to do, so I ordered an "refurbished" 17MB130s from ebay. BUT it now seems, that it has not the right software installed. My first idea was to desolder and swap the component, that holds the firmware. Than I learned, that it should be possible to flash the 17MB130s via USB. I think, this procedure would be much saver (for me and the components ).

Where can I find the suitable software? Or is the old board still any good?

I really hope somebody can help me with my mess. Furthermore I'm really looking forward to learn something from you Let me know, if you have any questions or need further information.

All the best

Lorax

Re: Firmware wanted (?) Telefunken D49U472R4CWH - 17MB130s

WOW someone else with a similar issue!

I have this 'ghost' down signal, I thought it was the IR from the remote, nothing, I thought it was IR in the home from somewhere so moved the tv outside, still the same...

while the tv was outside we decided to tidy up the usual place the tv lives so it was about 15 minutes till we brought it back in, it was fixed! for about 5 mins then started again, this means its thermal....

i have tried this again by un-powering the mains and sure enough the next morning i get a few minutes of perfect behavior.

I tried contacting toshiba who provided a download of firmware, no change, then said thats all we can do and we provided the link as a courtesy but as your just out of warrenty, have a nice day. thanks toshiba....

i tried changing the psu, no improvement, i put back old psu and a replacemt mainboard, that fixed it, so it really is a main board issue, i went back to the old board and better thermal paste on the heatsink, didnt help.

oh mines not doing volume down, its only doing the down in the 'input selection' menu so it scrolls hdmi1 hdmi2 etc, to select what you want its like playing whack-a-mole. but on really hot days, the fault can 'creep' into other menus... its weird...

Comment

i should add mine is a 50'' toshiba 4k, but still a 17mb130 main board, with 'alexa built in'' and the not included but expensive 'usb microphone' which i think is a toshiba con for not including...

Comment

Firmware 17MB130S panel VES490QNDL-2D-N11 on MEGA

Comment

Hello to all
          I have similiar issue but differen Telefunken TV. My story...
          I have a TV Telefunken model D43F550G1CW and it does not work. When it turns on it shows a blue screen and says load software and reaches 1% and then the screen goes black. A white light shines from behind.

The motherboard is: VESTEL 17MB181TC, and the PSU: VESTEL 17IPS62.
          And there's this:
          Model: VES430UNDP-2D-N43
          Barcode: 285608260903
          and: 23689890

Now I don't know if it's the software and where to download it, so the firmware for D43F550G1CW or if it's the hardware you have as I see in the picture.

I need an advice.
          Thanks

Comment

The motherboard is: VESTEL 17MB181TC /Model: 32h7510t

Comment

Working...
            X