Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elitebook 840 G5, verify fails

Hello guys,

I am trying to remove the adm bios password from an HP Elitebook 840 G5 but I am having trouble. When I press "verify" it always returns the error "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement."
    The leds on the CH341A usb programmer indicate the chip is being read.

I already verified the soldered wires with a multimeter and they look ok.

I tried a PC with windows7 and a different one with windows 10 yet I got the same error.
    What am I missing? I read as much as I can but cant get over this first step.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Regards
    melios
    Attached Files

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G5, verify fails

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...3&postcount=21
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G5, verify fails

Thanks Vesko356, will try one of those this afternoon and post the results.

Brgds
      melios

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G5, verify fails, update

Originally posted by melios View Post
        Thanks Vesko356, will try one of those this afternoon and post the results.

Brgds
        melios
        Hi again.

Installed AsProgrammer_2.0.0a14. Dumped the Bios and verified ok. Dropped the bios file in RCUnlocker, got message that I should try the other chip (the 16 Mb). Took laptop apart to have access to the W25Q128JVPQ chip on the hidden side of the mainboard. Soldered the wires on the pads around the chip. Read the chip and verified it a couple of times. Dropped the bios on the RCUnlocker and it removed the bios password. Erased the chip using the CH341A, verified that it had been correctly erased. Programmed the unlocked bios file to the chip. It worked, Bios password is gone, went into the bios and set the security settings to factory defaults. Laptop is ready for installation of OS.
        A big thank you to everyone here, thanks to you, this laptop will have a second life
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X