This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello brother i am new member and came here to find some good guides about lcds happy to learn from you thank you for your support and guidence

Comment

Hi All,
      New kid on the block.
      This is the first month of my 79th year. Ex IBM Customer Engineer and GEC Motorway Engineer.
      Obviously a long retitred (sort of) knowledge soaker in the UK.
      Now doing a fair bit of tour coach driving over Europe, when the bug bites one cannot let go!!

Comment

I greet from the Czech Republic,
        * Since 1975 I have been dealing with consumer electronics service. After reading a couple of posts I found that this forum is very useful to me. When I find out how it works here, I will also try to help with other members of the forum.
        Tomes

Comment

Hello, Everyone. I found you through a Google search to try to repair a TV given to me by my father-in-law. I hope to start a thread soon to get help with that repair.

Cheers!

Comment

Hey all! Greg here from South Elgin, IL. Want to start doing component repair on mostly TVs because it's cheaper and it's starting to get kind of hard to find full boards anymore. I stumbled across this site trying to find solutions to a PS issue on a Dynex TV and it seems like a pretty awesome site for knowledge. So thanks!

Comment

Hi am George, I am new to this forum. Hoping to find information to repair my own electronics in need of repairs.

Comment

Well thanks for having me! Im here looking for away to fix my tv. Im a technical junkie, i love trying to fix just about anything. Im skilled in just about anything mech or elect. I have some exp. with electronics...but thats why im here to learn. Again thankz for having me.

Comment

Hello all!
                  My name is Zofito and I am from Bulgaria. My english is not very good, so please excuse me! I have experience only with computer sofware, but I am interested in hardware repairs (computers and tv).
                  Thanks for all sheared information!

Best Regards,
                  Zofito

Comment

No idea what to say only my name is Joe and have an issue with my Samsung TV I'm hoping another member of the site may be able to help me with before it goes to TV heaven in the council yard

Comment

Hi to all and pleased to be welcomed. My nane is Paul and i'm 53 yo man from Italy. I like very much Pcs assembling and disassembling to repair them but it's only my hobby and I'm not so experienced. So i'd like to lerarn better to to this. Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Hi,
                        This is my hello post. I spend a significant amount of time attempting to repair Apple and Samsung phones. By no means to I consider myself a codex of all knowledge on these subjects and frequently need a hand. From what I have read in posts here on badcaps, I suspect that there are both plenty of people I can help along side of those who can help me. After years of lurking I am now ready to put my oar in the water.
                        Cheers
                        Solace

Comment

Hi
                          I found your forum while investigating on a sudden samsung TV failure, and after some inspections and test I require some help...
                          thanks
                          Aurelien

Comment

hello, ive recently gotten into advanced level of computer repair. figuring out how to read schematics and test resistors all that. I am joining because id like to join the big support community you guys have here and also ask for help and hopefully able to help along the way.

i recently quit my regular job to put all my time into learning component level repair. ive been running a small business out of my home since 2012 but have nevere stayed consistent. ive been mainly into replacement of computer hardware and installation of software but want to advance to the next level. i have rework equipment ready to go and now im here at the point of learning how to properly fix motherboards and learn the basics of electronic components.

the most advanced fix ive done so far is bringing a water damaged mac back from the dead and a wlan card which had a small resistor knocked off of it. Now im at the point where i want to be able to find problems on a board to revive them as opposed to replacing them. ive noticed many repair shops in my area dont put the time in to learn this or outsource their work Im hoping i can be of use at a higher level to people coming to me to fix their computers.

i am a gamer as well into story based games like he last of us, life is strange, telltale games.

i also do uber and lyft to keep me from going homeless!

Comment

Hi, I am from Malaysia and interested to perform component level repair instead of replacing the board.

Comment

Hello haha.

Comment

Hello, Am zozo, the latest member of this forum. I cannot wait for the help and advices from the more experienced members. thanks

Comment

Just trying to fix my tv lol

Comment

Hi Guys,

Im a newbie - I work with computers etc but have recently wanted to learn a little about fixing TV's as a family member has brought me one hoping I can fix it.

Nice to meet you all

Ryan
                                      NI

Comment

Greetings fellow forum members! Interests include TiVo hacking, tube amp fiddling and repair, etc. Looking to fix my plasma tv now! Thanks.

Comment

Okay, so I am a technical junkie. I love to work on technology. Tvs, computers, cellphones, you name it. I have been doing this for about 24 years now and I look forward to the next technological challenge.
                                          I also teach technology, which feeds my addicton...lol
                                          That's pretty much me in a nutshell.

Comment

Working...
                                          X