Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent budget friendly Hot Tweezers ?

Hi,

I'm after a pair of hot tweezers for motherboard rework, could anyone advise on a brand / model that's good balance between cost / usability ?

I currently have an unused Quick 236 soldering station, any chance there's compatible tweezers for it (I couldn't find anything).

Thanks

Re: Decent budget friendly Hot Tweezers ?

For budget friendly, Use your Quick 236 soldering iron in one hand and a cheap soldering iron in the other hand

For a 'cheap' soldering iron get a T12 soldering station - you won't regret it
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Some temperature controlled soldering stations have an option for a tweeter type of soldering iron accessory they are nice to have and use but I have only used mine a few times when nothing else would work to remove a component
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by dicky96 View Post
        For budget friendly, Use your Quick 236 soldering iron in one hand and a cheap soldering iron in the other hand
        +1

I use this method all the time and it hasn't failed me yet. MOSFETs from motherboards come off very easily without having to deal with hot air or pre-heating of th board at all.

Granted, though, my main soldering station is T12-based and rated for (supposedly) 75 Watts (Aoyue 2900 - one of the first T12 stations out there back from 2011 or so. ) So that handles the majority of the work, leaving little for my 30W Radio Shack iron to help with.

And yeah, I agree - get a T12 station. Makes work just that much easier.

Comment

Working...
        X