Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X75VD rev3.1 power and battery issue

Hello,

I have an X75VD rev 3.1 which is driving me crazy!
    It does not work on battery but on sector, it starts correctly after a few seconds of waiting (between 10 and 50 seconds approximately). When it started on mains, everything is fine.
    If I put the battery once started, the PC cuts clean, as if it caused a short circuit.
    I changed the two mosfets (without conviction) which are behind the power board as well as the two capacitors, nothing better. So I tested the voltages and it's strange.
    I got 19.5 at the capacitor inputs but nothing came out for a while and once the 19.5v kicks in then the PC boots up.
    So I'm thinking of an IC concern but which one?

Have you ever encountered this problem with this PC?
    A friend told me about the BIOS eeprom which caused exactly this problem except that he doubts it because of the problem caused by the battery.

Thank you very much !
    Last edited by piernov; 06-04-2022, 05:17 AM. Reason: remove external image link

Re: X75VD rev3.1 power and battery issue

Could be a bios fault but have no experience in that area at this time. Wait for others to comment.

Remove all power. Using meter in resistance mode, check the battery mosfet condition near the battery.

What is the charger IC for the board? Is it the one you have linked? The ic will be close to the battery connector.

Post more pics but attached to your post and do not use outside links. Your post can use the attachment button so the pics will remain in this forum.

I saw pics / ad for western boots for line dancing...do not need them at this time.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=90356

Pictures must be attached to the post.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Sorry but the image is too big to add with the forum system.
        In short, I tested the change of the BQ25A next to the battery connector but no better.
        I'm totally lost with this pc... I want to change the BIOS eeprom but is that really what would be the problem, it's not obvious given the problem with the battery, isn't it?

Edit : i attach a fresh dump of the Bios Eeprom.

Thank you.
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-09-2022, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Hello again,
          I'm coming back to you because I couldn't make a lot of progress on this damn motherboard but I worked on an old card of the same kind, same reference but in REV 3.0 and not 3.1.
          I found the failure visibly on the latter, it was a burnt mosfet.
          On the latter, I had recovered the eeprom to repair another PC, so I took the one from my current one and soldered on it. It starts but does not display anything, no logo, no fan etc. I just have the Power logo and the Num Lock logo on the front. The Wifi logo flashes once and turns off each time it boots.
          Is it a corrupted bios knowing it's the one you have attached to my previous message or am I wasting my time with this card?
          Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by kurtspirit View Post
            Hello again,
            I'm coming back to you because I couldn't make a lot of progress on this damn motherboard but I worked on an old card of the same kind, same reference but in REV 3.0 and not 3.1.
            I found the failure visibly on the latter, it was a burnt mosfet.
            On the latter, I had recovered the eeprom to repair another PC, so I took the one from my current one and soldered on it. It starts but does not display anything, no logo, no fan etc. I just have the Power logo and the Num Lock logo on the front. The Wifi logo flashes once and turns off each time it boots.
            Is it a corrupted bios knowing it's the one you have attached to my previous message or am I wasting my time with this card?
            Thanks a lot.
            If you have the originl bios backup post in in the "Bios Requests ONLY!" section https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              If you have the originl bios backup post in in the "Bios Requests ONLY!" section https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40
              Hello,

I forgot to update this thread.
              I found the solution to this damn Asus! It was a 10K resistor that was burnt out and preventing startup.
              I changed it and the PC now works perfectly. Like what, sometimes we look far for what is ultimately quite stupid.
              Thank you for the help
              Attached Files

Comment

This resistor was connected to charging IC??

Comment

Working...
                X