Need help identifying the missing cap on the back of an i5 3570

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying the missing cap on the back of an i5 3570

Hey guys. I have an i5 3570 with a capacitor knocked off from the back of the cpu. I got it with a semi faulty mobo that I got for really cheap. The rest of the cpu is in a bad shape as well but its mainly cosmetic damages. I did try to run it and my test bench booted but the system never posted. It just got warm. My test bench did not crash either. It just kept running.

From the looks of it, I think the cpu can be revived by soldering on a new capacitor. However, no matter where I look online, I am unable to find any details about the capacitor or anything about the layout of those capacitors on the back of the cpu. I do not have a spare i5 3570 either to find out the details of that capacitor by myself.

I need some help with identifying the capacitor so that I can try soldering a new one on to get it to work. I would also like to hear from you guys about things I need to be aware of when handling a situation like this because it is my first time.

Attached are the images of the back of a stock i5 3570 and my i5 3570.

Also, I am doing this as a fun project. Would be really cool to see this thing come back to life.

Many thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Need help identifying the missing cap on the back of an i5 3570

i bet most of this capacitors is the same.

Comment

CPU VTT / cpu voltage is standard... so it is standard

Comment

There are other capacitors that look damaged, they are more likely to be the cause of the problem.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
          There are other capacitors that look damaged, they are more likely to be the cause of the problem.
          I actually did not notice this earlier so thanks for that. I guess it would be better to just move on since this is the case.

Comment

Working...
          X