This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey guys, I mod BIOS for fun and find new ways of doing things with old hardware. I just got my first CH134A and am preparing to flash program an old NP305V5A-A0DUS back to life.

Comment

Hello all,

Till few weeks back, I did not have any idea about this forum.

Actually, I faced a problem with my PC that I did not have a clue on how to solve it. I started to search the internet to find a solution for my PC problem. Many times the search led me to this forum. After going through the contents of this forum and other similar forums, I noticed that the posters of this forum had the information, knowledge and devotion to help others.

So, here I am posting my first message a new member.

Thanks-Phad

Comment

Hello. Signed up as I've got a Sony KDL-65W850C with the common (I believe) 6 red lights. Wish me luck lol

Comment

hello, i am new here. I am technican and repairing laptops. will glad to help to everybody.

Comment

hello, greetings from Germany, glad to be a newbe and hope to go futher with new input

Comment

Hello
              I diagnose and repair PC laptop and more more

Comment

Hello there o/
                Greetings to all from Brazil. Very happy to be here and have the opportunity to share knowledge and curiosity with all of you.

Comment

Hi guys, my name is Dragan. I m from Serbia

Comment

Hi, I learning to fix graphics cards and i need some help

Comment

my name is amir, i'm a mac technician. I've been doing this for a little over 3 years and I really like learning more about computers and mac.

Comment

Hi everyone! My family has a tv with a strange glitch I just wanted to see if there was a fix to make it a little less annoying.

Comment

Hmm, it says I should be able to post after replying to a thread but still I have a lot of pages blocked! Anyway I have an LG 42lg50 that seems to detect remote input even when the remote has no batteries. Menus keep popping up and sometimes moving between options, we think this started after a power outage.

My family has stopped using it because sometimes it turns on by itself so its easier to keep unplugged, and since its always detecting remote input, its very hard to navigate anything that uses the remote, so I've been throwing videos from my computer onto it via HDMI and it works pretty good, but the menus are still popping up.

The only thing I can find to do is a factory reset, but of the menu stuff that is always popping up I can't find any settings like that. It does this without any connections, so the problem must be within the tv itself right? I don't know much about this hardware stuff but since nobody uses it anyway I figure there's not much to lose if we open it up and try to mess around, if anyone can tell me what I should be looking for.

I don't expect ppl to reply here, I'm just writing what I was gonna say so that I have this text when I make my post.... Hopefully 2 replies to threads will give me access.

Comment

Hello! Just introducing myself. I've been working on fixing broken things all around the house. Been youtubing stuff here and there. For the most part it helps but I got stumped with a TV and would like to learn here. Thanks for having me.

Comment

ive been in the A/V industry for 20+ years, i deal with everything from high end video, to lighting, to sound, Mac and PC educated, Microsoft cert in office, and other certs from places the AVIXA, CTS, OSHA etc. im here to fill in the gaps of what you just dont learn in sitting in Virtual sess's or classrooms. Also a New very tired father as of June this year.

Comment

Hi all!!

Comment

Here to learn if I can salvage some old electronics ��. Not a pro, not even aspiring. Just a hobby

Comment

Hey together,

my name is Jonas. I have several interests belonging to technics. I came here to find a schematic of my beloved W530 and stayed because of this great forum.
                                    I think this will last.
                                    Thanks for having me here.

I'm from Germany, trying to improve my english with every post.

Have a nice day.

Comment

HY,guys.

I'm Paolo(Pirata129) from Genoa,Italy.

I like electronics and computers.

Thank you x accepting me in this wonderful forum!

Comment

Hi my first name is Roger and I have been living in Paris for some years,
                                        I am a mechanical engineer in a family of electrical engineers (we have good chats from time to time) ;-). I worked in an electronics lab in the 70's for a year mainly on instrumentation (charge amplifiers and so forth). I have always been interested in electronics, but I also enjoy working with UK and other universities to take lab scale technology to the marketplace which is what I have been doing for the last 10 years or so.
                                        More recently, I have been helping friends who have broken their laptops or who need an upgrade to get them working properly again.
                                        My current project is a "Dumpster dive" Macbook Air with very significant water damage .... SMC is new to me so I hope I do not have to change many components. It is the 5volt circuit that is not working and I have a couple of flex cables to replace. I am using an old mobile telephone with an equally old modified jewelers eyepiece as a microscope giving me 8* times magnification and just 20mm lens clearance, but it is a real help. I have been searching for the board layout and circuit diagram for 820-00165-A logic board which brought me here to this great website.

Comment

Hi, Paul here from sunny Brisbane. I have a broken Macbook that I hope to fix with some help from this forum. I have been reading up but am not confident to start injecting voltage without a little bit of advice.

Comment

Working...
                                          X