Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello

Comment

Hello evryone my names is Ahmed

Comment

Hello Badcaps I’m Luey and I work in the home automation industry. I come across a lot of non working electronics all the time. Some seem worth fixing up so here I am trying to gain some knowledge from you guys. Thanks

Comment

Hello - new user of this forum and already found some great information to help fix a neighbor's JET exhaust system. I will try to post any repairs I do here and use the forum. As background, I'm a amateur radio Extra and have BS and MS in EE as well (retired at this point). Hopefully I can contribute. Thanks to all! - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wdreisbach View Post
            Hello - new user of this forum and already found some great information to help fix a neighbor's JET exhaust system. I will try to post any repairs I do here and use the forum. As background, I'm a amateur radio Extra and have BS and MS in EE as well (retired at this point). Hopefully I can contribute. Thanks to all! - Bill
            Welcome aboard!

Comment

Hello. My name is Yuriy. I'm from Kazakhstan. My language is Russian.

Comment

Hi Guys,

My name is Csaba and in my spare time I'm supporting human rights campaings to better mankind. I started working for a second hand computer shop when I was 13, and ever since I'm working in the same industry. Nowadays I'm debugging IT departments to make them more livable for the techies and the CEO too. Reason I'm in this forum is my wicked Y50-70 which had a blown fuse, so I will try now to read some forums to see how to get this sored. I love soldering and I love people.

Live long and prosper!

Comment

Hi Guys,

My name is Loren and I m from Croatia and I love to fix electronics all the time

Best regards

Comment

Hello All,
                    My name is Dan and I'm new to the scene. Just looking for extra knowledge really. I love to tinker with almost anything. As a kid I was always tearing things apart and rebuilding them. Now I look for thrown away electronics for a thrill of fixing them. I'm a Plumber/Gas Technician by trade with a high mechanical aptitude and hate if I can't fix or figure out a problem. Looking forward to diagnosing and learning with everyone else on here!

Comment

Hello everybody. I´m from Spain and I hope to learn with us.

Comment

hi the seniors, i am a novice technician from indonesia, thanks for being allowed to join, please guidance, thank you very much.

Comment

ter, how to create a post?

Comment

Hello all. I found this forum looking for info on a TV that went bad. It looks like there is a metric ton of very good information here, and a LOT of people who are willing to help. Hopefully, I'll be able to sort my TV out, one way or another.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Hi guys,

First post. Been having some issues with actually posting this so I hope it gets through...

I'm a long-term electronics guy originally from London now living in Malta in the Mediterranean. I came here originally to semi-retire but I find that there is great demand for my skills repairing musical equipment. It's a nightmare getting parts here but I'm coping ok.

I do repair of computers, audio, video and it seems lot of other stuff that comes my way! I got into computers when I purchased my Commodore 64 many moons ago. Then moved to London and my first PC - which was an IBM XT with a 10mB hard disk! Colour screen too. Impressive at the time. Got heavily into DOS and doing stuff with batch files. I find, even now that the batch file is a very powerful ally when you need to do something unusual with files. Moved into programming in Basic, Dataflex and then "C". However, most of my life has been spent fixing keyboards, synths and other musical equipment.

I came across this forum when I couldn't find a manual for a Behringer mixing desk. I didn't find the manual here but I did find the solution I was looking for and was able to fix it quickly. It's great to finally find a forum for techs - not mindless idiots who ask stupid questions not even knowing what a resistor is!

I look forward to contributing to like minded guys who have the same passion for electronics as I do!

Comment

My name is Mike and I live in Canada. I have taken an intro into electronics and would like to know more. I also am looking to repair my television with these new skills.

Comment

Hello,

Trying to repair my samsung plasma

Comment

Ahoy!

Found this forum while digging around YouTube for toshiba tv repair videos. Dug out my soldering iron last year to fix a Denon receiver that had a soldered-in fuse pop, thought I might try my luck again and try to fix this Toshiba TV that has an issue. The damn thing will turn on and work for about 20-30 minutes before shutting off. Then it won't power on until it sits for awhile, at least an hour. Then it will work for awhile before shutting off. I am guessing some component is overheating, then letting it sit will let it cool down enough to work again. I just need to find what component has failed. I'm going to start with a visual inspection looking for bulging caps....but with this description of the problem I have given what do the more experienced among you think I should be looking for?

-p0rkmaster

Comment

Hi, I am new to this field and really like it. I was always messing around with electronics when I was a kid but life and other interests took over. I got back into it out of necessity when I repaired a couple of LCD TV and a few computers out of luck (and some research). Now I caught the bug and want to learn more and more. I have browsed here for a long time and now I want to ask questions and participate. This is an excellent forum.

Comment

Hi

Kiwi living abroad. Trying to fix my blinking Panny Veira TV.

Comment

Hi all. joined to try and fix the power board BN44-00195A from my Samsung 245BW monitor. Hard to find that 1920x1200 resolution any more, so I'd like to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X