X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cap Datasheet Depot

Dang...Thanks!
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzie366 View Post
      I've attached the capacitor datasheets for the brand Elcon, after finding that others have had them fail and I couldn't find the DS for them. All datasheets for all currently made series as of 6/20/17.
      From my findings a few years back, Elcon and Samcon are either the same company or one owns the other and they have closely-related products. Elcon EEZ was used quite often on low-end XFX GeForce 9 series video cards and it burst the same way as Sacon FZ.

Now, it gets even more interesting, because XFX used to often use Sacon FZ on their mid- and low-range GeForce 8 series of video cards. And before that, XFX used Evercon and GSC.

So where I am going with this?
      GSC changed names to Evercon, which then became Sacon, because they were all utter garbage. Then Elcon came along and died the same way as Sacon... so I'm pretty certain Elcon is just another name for Sacon... and I also have a few screenshots of their website showing Elcon and Samcon factories on the same page.

In short, most likely:
      GSC = Evercon = Sacon = Elcon = Samcon = ...GARBAGE

So don't use them!

I do appreciate you posting the datasheets, though. Might come in handy when needing to replace one of these. Although, the truth is I've seen Elcon EEZ series appear good and measure worse than general purpose 85C caps (that was on a GeForce 9400 GT video card). What I find even more amusing is that Panasonic FM and FR easily beat the crap out of both Sacon FZ and Elcon EEZ in terms of specs... and FZ/EEZ is supposed to be a "high ripple, low ESR" series.
      Last edited by momaka; 06-25-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Yup, this old thread needs updating it seems

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3369
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

just say "the only good 'con' is a RUBYcon"

Comment

What about NICHIcon? I wouldn't consider them bad. They just had a bad run of HM/HN/HZ for a few years, but they've fixed the issue since and until they finally stopped making them.

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
            Yup, this old thread needs updating it seems

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3369
            Interesting read. I'll look for the screenshots I made that link Samcon with Elcon.

Comment

Despite the mass KZG / KZJ failures, I also still consider Chemi-con to be a good brand. KZJ was discontinued a decade ago now. No idea if the issues with KZG were ever fixed before discontinuation, but "for what it's worth", I haven't seen a prematurely failed KZG with 2009 datecodes and newer, which says something considering the "bad" KZGs (made from 2001 to 2008) started failing around 2005 to 2011 after a few years of discontinuous use in moderate to high heat environments.

I think Suncon (formerly Sanyo's electrolytic division) is good too, despite a couple bad series / runs from them. I've seen a couple datasheets for Sacon FZ (easily found on Google ). One claims them to be of ultra low-impedance grade like Nichicon HM. The other, closer to Nichicon HD. I wouldn't stake my life on either claim, however.
              Last edited by Wester547; 06-26-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Here are some newer datasheets from the brand sunion/threecon.
                I made sure that only ones you don't have yet made it in.
                Attached Files
                I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Here is a new one, TOPAZ.
                  One problem, they don't have PDF versions of any of their datasheets. You can only view them on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by ruky con View Post
                    Here is a new one, TOPAZ.
                    One problem, they don't have PDF versions of any of their datasheets. You can only view them on their website.
                    NOT TRUE.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                      NOT TRUE.
                      It's still not a PDF.

Comment

so what?
                        besides, you could convert them if it's that important.

Comment

Alrighty, I did some digging and found the websites of some known shit cap makers. Only problem is they don't post the datasheets, but some post the specs. Also, a lot of it is broken website.

Broken Website/No Datasheet:
                          http://yzpsttech.com - Website has pictures of datasheets, nothing more, they are also extremely low resolution.

http://www.amazingcap.com - We've seen these caps numerous times before, usually in LED bulbs.

http://en.tfntc.com - Broke AF.

Working website/datasheets available:
                          http://www.guochang.com.cn/en - Datasheets attached, not seen this one before at all.

http://hxcapacitor.com/en - Not seen these either, datasheets attached.

http://www.jiaye.com.cn/html/en - Working website, datasheets on website in image form, I don't have a decent image to pdf converter, nor do I use office programs much so someone will need to convert these. We've seen this brand a lot.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by jazzie366; 09-21-2017, 10:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach all the things.
                          Popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                            NOT TRUE.
                            funny, I was going to take the raw pictures and use windows 10 PDF printer. But yeah JPGs are just as well

all uploaded, thanks everyone
                            Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                            ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                              funny, I was going to take the raw pictures and use windows 10 PDF printer. But yeah JPGs are just as well

all uploaded, thanks everyone
                              Still waiting for ymin.
                              Here are all five files full of datasheets.
                              [I would have made it one if it would let me.]
                              Attached Files

Comment

Still waiting for ymin.
                                Here are all five files full of datasheets.
                                [I would have made it one if it would let me.]
                                Thank you. Sorry about that. When I got the new laptop I didn't have my old copy of WinSCP with the saved password.

i'm uploading it now

Comment

GRP updated there datasheets and added 1 new model of capacitor. Found they also have two websites, new datasheets and series were found there.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Popcorn.

Comment

Kingtronics upload. I've dealt with components from these guys before, never seen their caps though. Everything else they make is great as far as I know, I hope their caps are the same.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Popcorn.

Comment

More datasheets, these ones are by a capacitor company named nantong sanxi AKA SAX.

SAX does not have PDF versions of any of their datasheets just like Topaz so all of the datasheet are Jpegs.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

More datasheets, these ones are by a capacitor company named nantong sanxi AKA SAX.

SAX does not have PDF versions of any of their datasheets just like Topaz so all of the datasheet are Jpegs.
                                        uploaded. Thank you. Wish they had bigger JPG's though

Comment

Here's one I don't see in the depot: Nichicon KA (audio-grade cap). Datasheet can be found here:

Comment

Working...
                                          X