Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Stream 13 enter model and serial number into BIOS

Hello everyone!
    Looking for some advice please as I'm stuck. My daughter has a small laptop HP Stream 13 which she loves. Recently that laptop died (a liquid was spilled on it) and I offered to buy a new one but that laptop had some sentimental value for her so she asked me to try to fix it.

Long story short I bought a new motherboard on Ebay and installed it (exactly the same motherboard with Intel N2840 just with 64 Gb memory instead of 32 Gb). The problem is the new motherboard came with blank model and serial numbers in BIOS (just zeros). I tried to create a DOS bootable USB stick with NbDMIfit utility on it but the problem is the laptop is not booting in DOS mode but rather in EFI shell which does not allow me to run the NbDMIfit utility. I am currently stuck and don't know what else can be done.

How can I enter the model and serial numbers into HP Stream 13 BIOS? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: HP Stream 13 enter model and serial number into BIOS

Originally posted by Alex123454321 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Looking for some advice please as I'm stuck. My daughter has a small laptop HP Stream 13 which she loves. Recently that laptop died (a liquid was spilled on it) and I offered to buy a new one but that laptop had some sentimental value for her so she asked me to try to fix it.

Long story short I bought a new motherboard on Ebay and installed it (exactly the same motherboard with Intel N2840 just with 64 Gb memory instead of 32 Gb). The problem is the new motherboard came with blank model and serial numbers in BIOS (just zeros). I tried to create a DOS bootable USB stick with NbDMIfit utility on it but the problem is the laptop is not booting in DOS mode but rather in EFI shell which does not allow me to run the NbDMIfit utility. I am currently stuck and don't know what else can be done.

How can I enter the model and serial numbers into HP Stream 13 BIOS? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I hope this helps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T57ktw8n3Y
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      Thank you peste, unfortunately that did not work. It only gives me an option to update SKU number but when I update the tool does not save, so after a reboot it's zeros again. Also MPM mode is always Lock, regardless of where I set it in that tool

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I was finally able to resolve the issue - had to switch on the Legacy support in BIOS which allowed to boot in DOS mode from the USB stick. Then entered model and serial number using NBDmiFit utility. Thank you everyone!

Comment

Working...
        X