Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Spin 5 unreliable Tablet mode

Hey everyone,

i just wanted to share something i found out today, because I didn't find any information on this on the web. I had a Acer Spin 5 N17W2, where the tablet mode did not word reliably. The problem started after a new digitizer was installed on the machine

The problem was produced by the g-sensor, that is embedded in the display bezel (see picture). The tablet mode worked fine until I folded the display on the last bit onto the backcover (full tablet mode).
    I worked out, that the angle, the g-sensor was mounted in was slightly off, producing a misalignment and therefor a incorrect angle estimation. after i propped the sensor up a bit, the tablet mode worked also on the 360 degree display angle.
    I just inserted some more sticky tape under the 'south' edge of the sensor (thinking in the orientation of the picture)

I hope this helps someone, I certainly wasted much time on this simple problem.

Good luck.
    Attached Files

Re: Asus Spin 5 unreliable Tablet mode

Yeah i just removed mine too from my spin 5 today suddenly i was stuck on tablet mode and only lifting the back of the laptop in a 45 degree angle would get it back to desktop for the keyboard and touchpad to work :p

Comment

Working...
    X