X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Adapter Sony VGP-19V10 Not Working - Help Please

Hello to all friends of the forum.

I consult the following:

I have a Sony Brand Laptop adapter, model VGP-AC19V10. Departure from 19vdc to 4.7Ah

The fault is that it does not turn on, disarm it to verify the fuse and it is correct, I was measuring voltages and the 160 vdc that comes out of the bridge rectifier is present, after that they pass through a resistor network forming a voltage divider and I have 50vdc. of that voltage, through another resistance low to 1vdc and arrives at the integrated one that in the photo is not present (L6562 PFC).

This integrated is not receiving the supply voltage in its pin number 8, which comes from the transistors that are up, but these transistors also do not get voltage.
    I went further to the right and I do not have any tension in the winding of the transformer.
    The large capacitor also has no voltage.

I already take out the basic components, diodes, some resistances, the power mosfet, all are fine. They are not open or short.

I understand that this integrated must receive voltage in an instant to activate, close the mosfet and pass the 160vdc to the primary winding of the transformer, and then feed back, but it is not doing it.

So, my question is, really, how can I prove that chip? to know if it's okay.
    What else can I check?

Attached photo of the card. The yellow dots are the ones I checked and I put the ones that have tension and the ones that do.
    there are 50 volts that are lost, they do not go anywhere, then there is a voltage of 1vdc that reaches IC1.

The red dots are the components that you remove from the card and verify with the multimeter.

Thanks in advance and I remain attentive to your valuable comments
    Attached Files

Re: Power Adapter Sony VGP-19V10 Not Working - Help Please

Ok

Can you please post a photo of other side of the board

Also can you please post the part of the IC chip that on this side of board

Thanks
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by SoporteHR View Post
      Hello to all friends of the forum.

I consult the following:

I have a Sony Brand Laptop adapter, model VGP-AC19V10. Departure from 19vdc to 4.7Ah

The fault is that it does not turn on, disarm it to verify the fuse and it is correct, I was measuring voltages and the 160 vdc that comes out of the bridge rectifier is present, after that they pass through a resistor network forming a voltage divider and I have 50vdc. of that voltage, through another resistance low to 1vdc and arrives at the integrated one that in the photo is not present (L6562 PFC).

This integrated is not receiving the supply voltage in its pin number 8, which comes from the transistors that are up, but these transistors also do not get voltage.
      I went further to the right and I do not have any tension in the winding of the transformer.
      The large capacitor also has no voltage.

I already take out the basic components, diodes, some resistances, the power mosfet, all are fine. They are not open or short.

I understand that this integrated must receive voltage in an instant to activate, close the mosfet and pass the 160vdc to the primary winding of the transformer, and then feed back, but it is not doing it.

So, my question is, really, how can I prove that chip? to know if it's okay.
      What else can I check?

Attached photo of the card. The yellow dots are the ones I checked and I put the ones that have tension and the ones that do.
      there are 50 volts that are lost, they do not go anywhere, then there is a voltage of 1vdc that reaches IC1.

The red dots are the components that you remove from the card and verify with the multimeter.

Thanks in advance and I remain attentive to your valuable comments
      Only integrated on side tracks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, SAM_SAM_SAM

I post new Photo. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SoporteHR View Post
          Close, but it functions a bit differently.

You should have 160V on the primary cap and on one of the transformer pins. From what I traced, that transformer pin should be the one next to the "R12" resistor marking.

That fact that you don't have 160V going to the primary cap suggests the problem is before that, because the primary cap should always be connected to the mains.
          That said, I think your power adapter might have an APFC circuit. And if I am correct, then the APFC inductor should be L2, which I see is remove from your power adapter. Without this inductor, you will NOT get 160V on the primary cap. So make sure that is in there and report back if you get 160V DC on the primary cap and that transformer pin.

Comment

Need clear straight shot of the WHOLE top and bottom side of the board.
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Re: Power Adapter Sony VGP-19V10 Not Working - Help Please - Solved

Hi all.

Thank you very much for the time it took to help me.

The case is already resolved.

The problem was coil L1 (marked in green). The PCB pad was broken, very close to the welding point, so I did not see it initially.

When you told me to revise the energy intake stage again, I noticed that cut because the pad moved.

I cleaned the solder mask and corrected the damage in the PAD that connects the coil L1 with the resistance R51, I did the same with the other end of L1 with R20.

When connecting the adapter to the electrical power, the power was established at one end of the transformer and at the C1 capacitor of 160vdc.

The output remains stable at 19.4vdc.

I include photos with the voltages measured for future reference to anyone who has an adapter that is similar or similar to this model.

Thanks again everyone for the help.

Case closed.

Sorry, i used google translate.

Spanish / Español.

Hola a todos.

Muchas gracias por el tiempo que se tomaron en ayudarme.

El caso ya está resuelto.

El problema era la bobina L1 (Señalada en verde). El pad del PCB estaba roto, muy cerca del punto de soldadura, por eso no lo vi inicialmente.

Cuando ustedes me indicaron que revisara nuevamente la etapa de entrada de energía fué que me percaté de ese corte ya que el pad se movió.

Limpié la mascara de soldar y corregí el daño en el PAD que une la bobina L1 con la resistencia R51, hice lo mismo con el otro extremo de L1 con R20.

Al conectar el adaptador a la energía electrica, se establecio la alimentación en uno de los extremos del transformador y en el capacitor C1 de 160vdc.

La salida se mantiene estable en 19.8vdc.

Incluyo fotos con los voltajes medidos para futuras referencias a quien tenga un adaptador igual o similar a este modelo.

Gracias nuevamente a todos por la ayuda.

Caso cerrado.
              Attached Files

Comment

Good job with the repair!
                And thanks for providing some voltage measurements - those could come pretty handy if someone needs to troubleshoot one of these.

Looks like the power adapter must have been dropped for that trace damage to occur. Such things can be hard to spot, but you did it anyways.

Comment

Hello Momaka

Receives a warm greeting.

Thank you very much for your words.

It really is difficult to detect that type of failure and I agree with you, most likely it was a fall, because the L1 coil is large, it should move when the adapter fell and despite having the silicon to hold it, if I move it lightly with my finger , the coil moves.

I already put glue on top to prevent movement and to affect the welds again.

To order, it seems correct to publish the tensions, it is a great guide for future references.

Greetings and thanks for your time and help.

Comment

Working...
                  X