HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Hp 830 G5 not working with RCUnlocker due seize problem but it's working well with HPUnlocker

Comment

Hi! Need help, I have an Elitebook 1040 G3. Unsoldered the BIOS-chip (W25Q64FV), attached it to CH341, did 3 dumps that were zero differences, continued to RCunlocker, did not work ("Missing unlockable content", the HPunlocker did produce a "_unlocked" file, erased the W25Q64FV and flashed "_unlocked".

However, now when i read the chip again and compare it to the unlocked version, I get 1500 differences? And I also get "Verification error on address: 0000000F" in AsProgrammer 2.0.2. Don't know what to do!!!

Can someone have a look at my files and see if something is off? thanks!

Attached Files

Comment

That error message was a huge hint to you. You are trying to modify the wrong chip...

Comment

Hello RethoricalCheese! Thanks for your great tool! It might help me accessing my HP Revolve810 bios again! As a big idiot I did not write down my pwd so I can't access Bios setup anymore ;-( If I understand well, I need a file to use your HPunlocker.exe
          The trouble is I don't know where to get that file ;-( Do I need to unsolder the BIOS chip first???
          Thanks for your help and understanding!
          Cy

Comment

From your bios chip. You need a programmer for that.

Comment

Can anybody help me out here? I m trying to unlock an HP 820 G3, tried for several days no luck so far, I have tried different programmers, whenever I flash the original BIOS file the system boots up but the password is still there, when I flash the unlocked bin file, it either wont respond or will flash yellow and orange indicators then go full fan spin, I also tried to recovery bios by USB with official HP rescue tool, no luck either. I will attach both original bin and modified bin below, could anyone knowledgeable take a look please and guide me in the correct direction, I have an CH341a black minprogrammer, I mainly use NeoProgrammer, seems to be most stable among the bunch I tried.

Someone guide me in the right direction.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by miraya View Post
                Can anybody help me out here? I m trying to unlock an HP 820 G3, tried for several days no luck so far, I have tried different programmers, whenever I flash the original BIOS file the system boots up but the password is still there, when I flash the unlocked bin file, it either wont respond or will flash yellow and orange indicators then go full fan spin, I also tried to recovery bios by USB with official HP rescue tool, no luck either. I will attach both original bin and modified bin below, could anyone knowledgeable take a look please and guide me in the correct direction, I have an CH341a black minprogrammer, I mainly use NeoProgrammer, seems to be most stable among the bunch I tried.

Someone guide me in the right direction.
                try..
                Attached Files
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

my hp 840 g6 was unlocked in bios password i flash it in 16mb
                  but in past few days but it happens in detect in swat always i dont what it means but the bios ok i hope someone can help ehis issue

Comment

thanks, I finally solved it. I used RCUnlocker, erased the EEPROM wrote the file then verifiedit, at first I thought nothinf had changed. I did a few power cycles, inserted a USB with rescue BIOS first it didnt work then I put it in a different port while powercycling, now iy works perfectly fine, thanks for the help.

Comment

hi i need unlock BIOS Adminitrator Pass. ZBOOK studio G7, LA-j242P.
                      you can help me?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andrukis View Post
                        hi i need unlock BIOS Adminitrator Pass. ZBOOK studio G7, LA-j242P.
                        you can help me?
                        Upload your 16MB dump here. You can use RCUnlocker:
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98539
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.​
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                          Upload your 16MB dump here. You can use RCUnlocker:
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98539
                          Thank you !!!!
                          all worked!!!

Comment

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool for ZBook G3

Originally posted by ssh View Post
                            Hello guys!

I have a ZBook 17 G3 laptop with Power-On password set - password that I don't know for I've never used it (nor set it explicitly). I've been using my unit for years now, unlocking it with my fingerprint, until new fingerprint driver reinitialized something and removed my fingerprint (and left me with a power-on password I never used nor intended to - HP Client Security tool I used to register my fingerprint for power-on auth also associated windows password with it).
                            I know main BIOS (admin) password, but it's of no use for I can't get into BIOS...

Anyway, my unit has Winbond 25Q128FVSQ chip, mentioned on a few pages in this thread:
                            1. This one shows use case I could use (before unfortunate fingerprint removal, there was Bios Administrator user option on power-on authentication screen)
                            2. This one is for very similar laptop, though I don't know what was the problem with it...

Before I try it out, I'd rather ask first, could this unlocker tool help me with the problem I have? These two posts made me think so, but I'd better play it safe... I don't expect any guarantees (would be silly to do so), rather an advice or a guide. Thank you!
                            Just got CH341 thingy with the clip (8 pin), disconnected main and CMOS batteries, made sure I properly connected everything and tried to read the chip, but without success. Managed to make it worse then it was - now I get 5 led blinks on boot... Any clues - messed up bios chip or the motherboard? Thanks

Comment

Hello guys I need a help with pass 840 g7, rcunlocker no work
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rbnote View Post
                                Hello guys I need a help with pass 840 g7, rcunlocker no work
                                upload 128mb bios

Comment

Good I really need help, I have read hundreds of messages but I really do not understand how HPunlocker works if there is a guide could you pass it to me or tell me the steps to follow. to unblock the bios

pd: I have an elitebook 840 g3 with bios locked by password and I need to access it to activate virtualization and be able to do my homework.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs.c0deina View Post
                                    Good I really need help, I have read hundreds of messages but I really do not understand how HPunlocker works if there is a guide could you pass it to me or tell me the steps to follow. to unblock the bios

pd: I have an elitebook 840 g3 with bios locked by password and I need to access it to activate virtualization and be able to do my homework.

Thank you
                                    read post # 1
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Works well. Thank you!

Comment

Big thanks to everyone here for their great posts.
                                        I have a HP640g1 which was bios locked with a forgotten password from a couple of years ago. Followed the instruction from post 1. All good now.
                                        Did run into a few problems but that was user error (Myself).
                                        Laptop now with unlocked bios.
                                        I have now experimented with both unsoldering the bios chip and using the SOIC clip method.
                                        My problems encounted was poor resoldering of the chip back which looked good under a magnifying glass but was bad as all i got was a black screen, power button permantly lit and flashing yellow charging light. After removal and resoldering this problem was resolved and i could see pin 8 bent previously not making a good contact.
                                        The clip method also works but i had to ensure good contact was maintained during write as advised in other posts by checking and verifying the bios.

Thanks

Comment

Looking for help removing the BIOS password on a HP Elitebook 830 g7. If someone can please look at my BIOS file and let me know. Thanks.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by ScootBrown; 11-21-2021, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X