Help - Auto starts after 1 minute of shutdown - Dell vegas/turis 15341-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Auto starts after 1 minute of shutdown - Dell vegas/turis 15341-1

I have two such machines which is having this issue. After shutdown the system starts on its own in a minute. It does not start immediately. It takes around 20-40 seconds before it starts again on its own. This is driving me crazy and not sure where to start ..
    Some very important points :
    • Laptop does not auto starts after shutdown if adapter is connected.
    • It will only auto start after shutdown if the laptop is in BATTERY only mode.
    • I have tried replacing batteries with a known
    • if I shutdown the laptop with adapter connected and lets say remove the adapter after 5-10 minutes, the laptop starts within a minute on its own.

Board ID : vegas/turis 15341-1
    Model : Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series.

Where should I concentrate ? Charging section, RTC or something else ? There is no physical damage in the board. No water damage.

Re: Help - Auto starts after 1 minute of shutdown - Dell vegas/turis 15341-1

If available, can you link the schematics?

Disconnect the bootable media. Do you still get this auto reboot cycling?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      If available, can you link the schematics?

Disconnect the bootable media. Do you still get this auto reboot cycling?
      Schematic attached - This the closest I could find
      I have removed the HDD and tried to boot with LIVE ubuntu pen drive and it still auto starts. So its not windows 10 specific.

Comment

Hi. Can you repost the schematic?

Comment

schematic
          Attached Files

Comment

Disconnect the trackpad (TP1) & power button cables (PWR1 connector). Test again.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
              Disconnect the trackpad (TP1) & power button cables (PWR1 connector). Test again.
              Sorry for the late response. The laptop is back with us now soI just disconnected the Trackpad and Power button connection but it is still happening. Its pretty strange to be honest, not sure what is trigerring this automatic startup after shutdown.

Comment

Observe the enable signal on 3/5V dc-dc converter.(U4001) or just replace it and check again.

Comment

It's just bios problem only try new bios with correct generation clear me bios its 100% working and tell results

Comment

Working...
                  X