Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 UEFI password

Hey there!

I've got a few Surfaces in need of an unlock. I have opened one up and here is the dump from it. Is anybody able to remove password from it? I did not manage to find the location of it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 05:59 AM. Reason: Attachments cleanup,server space low.

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 UEFI password

try...
    https://www.laboneinside.com/microso...ro-3-bios-bin/
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

That one I have tried and it works but this way serial number will be changed and that's something I don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Boss View Post
        That one I have tried and it works but this way serial number will be changed and that's something I don't want.
        Just edit the new working bios with dump dmi info.

Comment

Yes, that would be an option but when I just replace UUID and SN on new bios, bitlocker starts crying. When I replace the whole NVRAM on new bios, it will stay locked. Can't find password location in NVRAM.

Comment

can you try this
            Attached Files
            There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by eikspaj View Post
              can you try this

Thank you very much, works great!

I shall try if I can maybe modify uefi from inside Windows and if I succeed, it will be made into a tool.

Comment

No luck there. Although uefitool says that Bios region has read and write access, I am only able to read but not write. Looks like SMI/SMM lock.

Comment

how to open this bin file ?can someone explain please

Comment

winrar or 7 zip, update to winrar ..
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Better make your own dump and upload it. I can tell you what the password is.

Comment

What is the password string we are finding in the Bin files?? Can anyone inform what Hexa Decimal string are we going to remove to clear the password. Thanks in advance

Comment

No need to remove it. Use flash programming tool to read bios region and upload it. I can find and decrypt the password. This way you don't even need to remove the screen to unlock this model.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                            No need to remove it. Use flash programming tool to read bios region and upload it. I can find and decrypt the password. This way you don't even need to remove the screen to unlock this model.
                            Well this is what i was dreading.. glad i didnt have to

Comment

Did you have a link to a working version of the Flash programing Tool for the Surface 3?
                              Last edited by KingBonecrusher; 06-22-2020, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Google TXE ME clean. There should be a result on win-raid forums. There is a link for the tools.

Comment

Thank you, v9.5r6 was working for me. Password decrypted and Surface is unlocked...

Code:
                                  fptw64.exe -BIOS -D my-backup.bin

Comment

Originally posted by KingBonecrusher View Post
                                    Thank you, v9.5r6 was working for me. Password decrypted and Surface is unlocked...

Code:
                                    fptw64.exe -BIOS -D my-backup.bin
                                    How did you decript a password?
                                    I bought a Surface Pro 3 from ebay, and its BIOS/UEFI is password locked.
                                    Can you help me with step by step instructions?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi RethoricalCheese, could you please help decrypting? I dump this BIOS region of my surface pro 3 but since I just learned this thing about UEFI thing, I couldn't get anywhere with that.
                                      Thanks before.
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cendhol View Post
                                        Hi RethoricalCheese, could you please help decrypting? I dump this BIOS region of my surface pro 3 but since I just learned this thing about UEFI thing, I couldn't get anywhere with that.
                                        Thanks before.

manado

Comment

Working...
                                        X