X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mitsubishi Melservo MR-J2S-100A alarm: AL.E9

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
    Welcome to Badcaps!
    Your servo also has the LCD display, it is just in another location.
    Yes it has a LCD display , 2 digit but no button on face to access in the internal menu. i believe this model is only drive by numerical bus.

Yesterday i order lot of components (opto cap)
    i will change it step by step !
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, you can always connect via serial, see post #12.
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Hello, I have good news on my model I replaced the caps and the IO12 optocoupler a TLP621 (he had a little brother, which I also changed), it was the right solution my system is again operational. Thank you for your help !

Comment

Nice, thanks for posting the solution.
          It might be a good idea to get the communication cable.
          So you can actually check the bus voltage and be 100% sure of the fix
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Mitsubishi Melservo MR-J2S-100A alarm: AL.E9

Guys please I need help!
            I have an MR-J2S-100CL that just turned on gives AL.25,
            if I turn it off and on again it gives AL.E9 !!!
            How do I resolve?

Comment

AL.25 is probably low battery according to the manual.
              AL.E9 is well described in this thread already?

Comment

Hello to everyone from Finland.

First thanks to Per for sharing this, it's been great help for me and saved lot of time.

I'm working with MR-J2S-10A with AL.E9 here, it have 78 khours power-on time. I measured bus voltage, Mitsu was showing 200V and meter around 160V.

Before removing servo driver from machine I saved used parameters in Melservo software, if parameters will be lost from servo driver during repairing process.
                This far I have managed to work with memory battery on board, so maybe also absolute zero point aren't lost.

Board lay-out is bit different that in bigger brothers, but 7800 opto is also under IGBT module. It's quite PITA to remove, because most of the legs are flat. Those doesn't fit inside desolderin irons tip, so it's hard to get all solder from holes. Took some time, two irons and desoldering wick to get rest of the solder from holes.

7800 seem to be hard to get right now, in most places it's sold out and they get those at summer or maybe next year. Found three from here, there is one left now.
                https://www.bdent.com/hcpl-7800a-300...d-circuit.html

There is also some differences in caps in this smaller model.
                I already got caps locally and now waiting that opto to arrive overseas...
                Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to Badcaps jamseil!
                  I have a doubt about how you are measuring the voltage:
                  There is no "N" conductor exposed on these small units so you can't measure the bus voltage directly.
                  But you can of course measure the voltage directly on the capacitors if you have removed the covers and power it up.
                  But there is no need for that: you can just calculate it instead as I explained in post #26 if you measure the incoming line voltage.

It would be my guess from your pictures that what you are seeing here with the meter is the negative DC bias of the DC bus voltage, please see this thread for an idea what I mean:
                  WARNING: Live heatsinks & single pole on/off switches in switching power supplies

Comment

You are right 163v is half of 325V (230ac), meter leads was also inverted.

I was distracted of boards markings and that extra N (ac neutral) connector, that is not market to manual picture.
                    Wrong N I guess.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You can verify what is "Pn" with an ohms meter:
                      P = Positive of DC bus capacitors
                      N = Negative of DC bus capacitors

I have only worked on three-phase versions, so I don't have one with phase and neutral.
                      But the primary side will never be referenced to mains (L1, L2, L3)
                      Infact even on your unit I think the connections are the same, just one phase left not connected?
                      That is how I test my servos: they are for 230v three-phase but here my three phase is 400v just like in Finland so that's no good.
                      So I just hook it up to phase and neutral and it works just fine for testing...

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                        Infact even on your unit I think the connections are the same, just one phase left not connected?
                        That is how I test my servos: they are for 230v three-phase but here my three phase is 400v just like in Finland so that's no good.
                        So I just hook it up to phase and neutral and it works just fine for testing...
                        10A have same L1, L2 and L3 terminals. When used with 1-phase only, L3 is not connected.

Comment

Originally posted by fazal kareem View Post
                          IF Driver Shows
                          AL.E9 change ic chip 7800 80% solved
                          AL.24 change module 50% solved
                          but
                          AL.30 ?
                          AL.17 ?
                          Hi there fazal kareem I've got a drive with the AL.24 error when you said "change module" what modal were you going on about was it the "J2-Q04A-D"

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Diasr001 View Post
                            Hi there fazal kareem I've got a drive with the AL.24 error when you said "change module" what modal were you going on about was it the "J2-Q04A-D"

Thanks
                            Yes exactly, just be sure to check what module is actually installed on your unit, because they can have different revisions...
                            I bought one from eBay seller bestmodule (no affiliation) and it has worked fine...
                            Also be sure to check the servo with no motor connected: because the alarm means the motor output is shorted...

Comment

Mr-j2s-40 I have need number of it's module bcz slip removed.

Comment

Last edited by darwin92; 01-30-2023, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I would like to thank all my friends who contributed

Comment

Working...
                                  X