Gigabyte GA-586DX Retro Goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-586DX Retro Goodness

But the question is, can it run Crys........................ nah just kidding

I'm actually amazed that such an old system can still access the internet AND display some pages. (the oldies, but goodies). On that note, this is why I take my hat off to you for keeping this forum's functions & design practical.

As for the PC itself... well, Windows NT is also fitting because of that "NT" sticker on the front of the case.

Comment

I had to get this thing off my bench this morning to make room for other things....so what the hell, how about a game of AoE.....and got my ass whipped, 7 against 1.....but it plays pretty good on this relic!!

I haven't played this in...well....ages... Lots of rust....by the time it all came back to me, they were kicking my ass....
      Attached Files
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

I never got into strategy games. Not my cup of coffee I guess (well, I don't drink coffee to begin with. )

I'm surprised how well that game looks on a big modern monitor, though. Many games from that time don't scale too well on high resolutions - especially on wide screens.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post

I'm surprised how well that game looks on a big modern monitor, though. Many games from that time don't scale too well on high resolutions - especially on wide screens.
          OK, Halo 1x isn't that old, but it is considered old by many now, but IIRC, at least since the 2014 patch, 1.0.10, it apparently supports 1080p and higher.

I was like, good! Because Halo CE has a lot of servers. And they're not centralized, so they can't randomly get shut down permanently.

Additionally, it appears that a lot of people hate Halo 5! That alone can result in much more Halo CE players!
          Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 02-15-2019, 10:25 PM.
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
          X