Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony XBR-65850F No Picture (Backlights/Audio Okay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony XBR-65850F No Picture (Backlights/Audio Okay)

Originally posted by budwich View Post
    ok ... sorry I misread previous post with numbers... I thought they referred to the tcon cabling and not the "u" cables. hmmm... interesting about the results. As mentioned, was expecting some form of white.... but again, perhaps I misunderstand what the chart is saying. Can you post a picture of the screen for the ones that show white?.... I think I understand what you are indicating but just want to make sure. Further, what is the difference between black, grey and white?

In terms of labeling, there may not be "shiny test points" but the labels are aligned with where tracks / component circuit tabs are most likely to be associated with the label. You can "guess" a bit and use your meter (on continuity and board unplugged) to follow paths to confirm.
    Here are some actual pictures of the screen with various panel boards unplugged. The black is a very true black. Left side, right side, and then just the side with the potentially missing diode.
    Attached Files

Comment

You can see there is an issue on the right hand side.I'm guessing it's the reason that component (TVS diode) had been removed.

Comment

Last edited by philtvman; 08-03-2020, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X