Dell model: H275P-01 P/N: HP-L2767F3P1 LF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell model: H275P-01 P/N: HP-L2767F3P1 LF

Has anyone fixed one of these PSU? The computer is not powering up. Should it all be recapped?
    Attached Files

Re: Dell model: H275P-01 P/N: HP-L2767F3P1 LF

The only thing I can find on badcaps.net using search is this:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...7&postcount=37

... but there's no mention there if the PSU was faulty or if the O/P was trying to recap it simply for peace of mind.

In any case, before even attempting a recap, first you should try to identify what is the problem with the PSU.

Start by plugging in the PSU and measuring the 5VSB voltage - i.e. check DC voltage between purple wire and a black wire. Should be 5V. Now connect the PSU to a motherboard and try measuring the 5VSB again. It should still be 5V. If it's not, then the PSU might be having an issue regulating that rail.

If 5VSB is OK, what happens when you press the power button on the motherboard? Do the system and PSU fans twitch a little or nothing at all? I do see a number of good and bad cap brands in the PSU, so of course it is possible that the main PS has bad caps on it. But it could be something else too.

In any case, first verify if the 5VSB is there and steady at 5V. Then we can go from there.

Comment

Working...
    X