This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyoane! I joined this to find help with my laptop.

Comment

Hello everbody! I hope i will find some help at this Forum. Looks like there are many professionals here

Comment

Hmmm since it has come to the stage where first laptops /computer Leeds I the Biafran is excited 😃 to be part of this noble forum.My early physical contact with computer was during my high school days back then in the 90s Hp computer system for teaching was so excited to have seen it physically.My first laptop DELL was during my university days as it was mandatory for our studies ever since,my passion for Electronics blossoms.I am proudly BIAFRAN.Thank God I found you(BADCAPS).

Comment

What's good, BadCaps members?!

I've just retired from the U.S. military and started a small repair business in Virginia. Rough timing for sure, but I already have some customers and I'm also providing services to First Responders for free during the pandemic. It's my hunch that this may be good for the repair industry as a whole, but we shall see. Until then, may your irons stay busy my friends.

Comment

My Samsung Plasma just went quit.

Hi Badcaps,

I am brand new to your site. Thanks for having me.

I have a 55" Samsung PN58B540, and it suddenly stopped working today. The screen just went black, and it clicked 3 times. It has worked perfectly until now. It has power. From what I see on UTube, it sounds like it may be the X axis board??

I unplugged both of what I believe to be X and Y, trying to troubleshoot, and then plugged in the power. It made the start up music, and the two little green lights on the small center back panel (A) lit up. The picture does not come on, but the red light is on in front. The large center panel (B) clicks loudly 3 or 4 times upon power up every time. The exact same happened after plugging in the X and Y panels.

I attached pics of the boards (properly tagged I hope). Thanks a ton for all and any help!

Tim

Comment

Hello Everybody!
              found this awesome Forum thorugh the www

im Mixtape87 ( 32 Years Old )

Comment

I'm Ken, Electronic hobbyist on my 75th trip around the sun. Got started with the Heathkit H-8 in 1978... Still learning!

Comment

Hello, My name is Xander and I joined this site because I needed some BIOS information. I also do computer support so any troubleshooting info is great. THANKS!

Comment

Hey guys! My name is Nick and I am 14, I found this tv from 2013 and I'm trying to fix it, I came to this forum looking for support. I am capable of building a pc and other stuff with electronics, I just came here to look for some answers.

Comment

Hello everybody...

My name is Gary, and as a rule I don't do forums, but I think I will like this one. 40 years in the electronics field, I am now reduced to repairing things like old HP oscilloscopes and customising laptops. There is not much I have not done, and yes, I've had my fair share of bad capacitors.

Best Regards

Comment

Name Davidescu Razvan
                        34 - 11 Ian 1978
                        Married,we have a little girl age of 3
                        MO: Service,mentanance and DJ
                        I am dependent on technology and very passionate guy by new and old technology
                        at the time no job because of Pandemic cov19

Comment

Hi
                          My name is David and I'm interested in becoming a part of this community. I'm from the northeast and own an appliance repair and hvac company..

Comment

hi
                            my name is cosmas

Comment

i need help i have an acer aspire 3 model is A315-51
                              my unlock password is 1613391026 and i was kindly asking for a BIOS password recovery key most of the sites i visited needed me to pay nd on some the recovery passwords were not working so am kindly asking for assistance

Comment

Yet another newbie here (to the forum, not to electronics).

Dan.

Comment

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum, hoping to figure out how to troubleshoot my favorite plasma tv.

Comment

hello! i'm learning things about electronics thanks

Comment

Good afternoon all, my name is Simon, and I play with computers, however only rarely changing a capacitor here and there.

Comment

Hey everyone, just joining to try to repair my vizio TV! Have a great weekend.

Comment

Hi to all! I have found here a things I long searched. I will try not only to use resources but also to be useful.Good luck to all!

Comment

Working...
                                          X