Jecod DCS3000 marine 24v pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jecod DCS3000 marine 24v pump

Hi everyone, I know this may be a long shot, I'm looking for some help with the 24 volt power supply for my marine return water pump. the issue I have is the controller thinks the pump has a blockage so it wont power up the pump, what I'm hoping I can do is fool the power supply into thinking the pump is ready to run, I can't find any info on repairing this controller online, can anyone help?

Re: Jecod DCS3000 marine 24v pump

Post decent photos.

Comment

Jebao/Jecod DCS-3000
      Likely the BLDC motor controller has a problem like a failed mosfet or bad capacitors, or the impeller is jammed. Take the controller apart and post pics. I would also check the power supply is working at 24VDC.
      From the manual, "The LED will display a flashing error code when a fault is detected. Error code explanation is as below:
      Er01: Abnormal Working current - Check if the pump power adapter is functioning correctly or broken.
      Er02: Controller overheating - Check if the controller exposed to the direct sunshine or is in a high temperature environment.
      Er03: Pump idling - Check if the pump is working dry.
      Er04: Impeller stops running - Check if the impellor is dirty or jammed.
      Er05: Abnormal Working voltage. Check the input supply voltage.

You're getting Er01 or Er04?

Comment

I get an error for impeller jam, it's not jammed, I've had it all apart and cleaned it, I have tested the 390uf caps both come back as 414uf I'll check the input voltage and get some god quality pictures uploaded, I have both caps out for testing got funny results when they were in the board
        Last edited by 24mech; 07-28-2020, 10:23 AM. Reason: spell correct

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
          Jebao/Jecod DCS-3000
          Er01: Abnormal Working current - Check if the pump power adapter is functioning correctly or broken.
          Er02: Controller overheating - Check if the controller exposed to the direct sunshine or is in a high temperature environment.
          Er03: Pump idling - Check if the pump is working dry.
          Er04: Impeller stops running - Check if the impellor is dirty or jammed.
          Er05: Abnormal Working voltage. Check the input supply voltage.

You're getting Er01 or Er04?
          Mine does not have a display showing Er.. it has LED lights that stay on to signify the issue.

Comment

I have checked the input voltage from the power supply is 24.4V I will be replacing the two caps I removed from the board as one started to leak when I was trying to fit it back into the board and it now reads as 512uf so new ones on the way though I don't believe this is the cause of the issue. I have attached pictures of the control board one of which shows the error being given, It's showing the same error with or without the pump connected.
            Attached Files

Comment

Since it's the same behavior whether the pump is connected or not, I'd look if the pump is still intact or not?

The LED pattern doesn't seem to match anything in the manual, or am I looking at something wrong?

Comment

The model is DCW or DCS in your thread title?

It's hard to work with a board that is conformal coated, you need needle probes.
                Reading IC numbers takes a magnifier and bright light at a sharp angle.
                I would test the three motor driver mosfet ICs for shorts, and check the motor does not have water in it. On diode test, go from each motor output wire to GND and +24V and see if you get a diode reading or not.

The motor current-sense seems to be the R100 resistor going to the MCU, not much to go wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                  Since it's the same behavior whether the pump is connected or not, I'd look if the pump is still intact or not?

The LED pattern doesn't seem to match anything in the manual, or am I looking at something wrong?
                  Hi Eccer0r,

I have had a look at the pump several times now all is there and in tact, is there any way for me to power on the pump to check it works or any resistance checks I can do across the 3 wires of the pump?

With cover on the LEDs that light up match to No.3 'the impeller stops running' code. With the pump out of the water or in the water and powered up it jigs/stutters a few times and then pops the error code, with the pump disconnected from the controller it take a lot longer to pop the code but eventually does.

Comment

The model is DCW or DCS in your thread title?

It's hard to work with a board that is conformal coated, you need needle probes.
                    Reading IC numbers takes a magnifier and bright light at a sharp angle.
                    I would test the three motor driver mosfet ICs for shorts, and check the motor does not have water in it. On diode test, go from each motor output wire to GND and +24V and see if you get a diode reading or not.

The motor current-sense seems to be the R100 resistor going to the MCU, not much to go wrong with that.
                    Hi redwire,

The model is as in the heading DCS3000 the DCW manual is what was provided to me with the pump

I cleaned of one of the IC's and took a picture, I see 4614B and BA4Y12 do you know what I should be probing and what I should be seeing please?

also I did a quick needle probe on the components next to the ICs got some different results 4 showed 1.4kh and two showed 0.8kh. I've edited a pic to show the results, thanks for your help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I've added some pictures of the pump and of the flashing LED fault code with the case back on so you can see it more clearly.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The motor power-driver IC's are AO4614B dual P+N ch MOSFETs, arranged in a 3-phase H-bridge.

With the motor disconnected and power off, I would check for shorts between the source and drain of each mosfet, 6 junctions to check. So on one IC, diode-test between S1, D1 (pin 3 - 4/5) and S2, D2 (pin 1 - 8/7)- in both directions - so 12 readings to consider. Or try ohms, you should not get a low reading. The motor output leads go to the source-drain connections of each mosfet, it might be easier to put a probe there than on the IC pins.
                        Also, between the three IC's, the readings should be similar they are wired the same.

My wild guess is one may have shorted so the motor controller sees motor current flowing - when all mosfets are off. Other things might be wrong, but I usually start here.
                        Last edited by redwire; 07-30-2020, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The reason why the LEDs look suspect is that there are 6 "off" LEDs in the manual for code "3" and you have only 4... that's why I'm confused. But anyway assuming the result is correct...

Since this is a BLDC motor, you can't simply connect power to it and expect it to work. However each of the three wires should be connected to a winding, so you should see a low resistance between each of the three wires. If you don't, that's a tip off the motor or wiring is blown.

Then the next thing is measuring the voltage of each of the three outputs as it tries to drive the motor. They will vary as they step through. Each of the voltages should be switching fairly rapidly up until it gives up... if any of them aren't changing then the halfbridge driver for that wire is suspect (or the winding is somehow shorted.)
                          Last edited by eccerr0r; 07-30-2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

There are 10 speed LED's on the board but only 8 visible on the front overlay, it's kinda confusing. The bigger pumps have 10 speed LED's visible, so it must be the same board used across the line up.
                            Maybe check the obvious, continuity across the motor's three windings.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by redwire; 07-31-2020, 12:54 AM.

Comment

The motor power-driver IC's are AO4614B dual P+N ch MOSFETs, arranged in a 3-phase H-bridge.

With the motor disconnected and power off, I would check for shorts between the source and drain of each mosfet, 6 junctions to check. So on one IC, diode-test between S1, D1 (pin 3 - 4/5) and S2, D2 (pin 1 - 8/7)- in both directions - so 12 readings to consider. Or try ohms, you should not get a low reading. The motor output leads go to the source-drain connections of each mosfet, it might be easier to put a probe there than on the IC pins.
                              Also, between the three IC's, the readings should be similar they are wired the same.

My wild guess is one may have shorted so the motor controller sees motor current flowing - when all mosfets are off. Other things might be wrong, but I usually start here.

Thanks redwire
                              so on Diode test the results I get are below.

S1(Neg) to D1(Pos) (3-7/8) two show 0.5v one shows 0.0v not open ciruit
                              S1(Pos) to D1(Neg) (3-7/8) two show .0L open circuit and one shows 0.0v
                              S2(Neg) to D2(Pos) (1-5/6) two show .0L open circuit and the other shows 1.7v
                              S2(Pos) to D2(Neg) (1-5/6) all 3 show 0.5v

I'll get some ordered up hopefully this will be the extent of the issue, I will report back once I have replaced it and tested thanks

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                                The reason why the LEDs look suspect is that there are 6 "off" LEDs in the manual for code "3" and you have only 4... that's why I'm confused. But anyway assuming the result is correct...

Since this is a BLDC motor, you can't simply connect power to it and expect it to work. However each of the three wires should be connected to a winding, so you should see a low resistance between each of the three wires. If you don't, that's a tip off the motor or wiring is blown.

Then the next thing is measuring the voltage of each of the three outputs as it tries to drive the motor. They will vary as they step through. Each of the voltages should be switching fairly rapidly up until it gives up... if any of them aren't changing then the halfbridge driver for that wire is suspect (or the winding is somehow shorted.)
                                Thanks eccerror,

I have checked the motor winding and do indeed get a low resistance between each, It changed when I moved the motor impeller though I assume this would be normal as you are changing the magnetic fields when doing so, I have checked the output voltages I can see two of them pulsing and one is not which fits with the diode test results looks like with the help of you guys I may get this puppy working again thanks.

Comment

Caps have arrived, just waiting on the IC's should be here in a week or so, i'll post once it's all repaired with results. Thank you

Comment

The IC's have arrived, I installed one and it worked for about 15 seconds then stopped and went back to the way it was, I tested the new IC and found one of the circuits shorted, I swapped it out and tried again didn't work at all this time, retesed same issue, thought I might have a bad batch of IC's tested another new one off the board it tested good, went to fit it and damaged the board looks like I've stuffed this up, thanks for all your help though guys

Comment

Working...
                                    X