Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips DS9800W/10 red blinking of death. Revive via JTAG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips DS9800W/10 red blinking of death. Revive via JTAG?

A friend have this set of wireless speakers. When powered up, makes the power up sequence led blinks and never gets to connect to a wifi previously set nor generates an own wifi after a reset as it should. Just keeps the red led blinking.
    From the little info that I found on the web, this means that the firmware is corrupted, and the only solution is send it to Philips to repair.

Still, got the service manual that I attached. It mentions a 'upgrade' port that appears to be a JTAG port.
    The connector PCB pinout read: 3.3V, TCK, TMS, TDI, TDO, GND

This connector goes to the LM3S800, where the PCB have test points that read: TDO, TDI, TCK, TMS

My guess is that via JTAG I have a shot to revive this guy, but I don't know what adapter and software use to do that. Until now, never needed to revive anything via JTAG.
    Ideally I want to read first the actual firmware, and (if possible) compare it with the update available before flashing the new. Maybe an additional obstacle is that the download available is mentioned as "update only", so can be a incomplete flash file (in a router, usually this means that the bootloader is not included in the update)

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Philips DS9800W/10 red blinking of death. Revive via JTAG?

Thank you for the service manual. Did you ever find a solution?

Comment

Working...
    X