Samsung p2770hd problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung p2770hd problems

My son's Samsung p2770hd seems to have died. It turns on for a few seconds. It shows the input in the upper left corner of the screen and then goes black. If I switch to the ota tuner it will show snow for a coupla secs before it goes black. I tried holding a bright flashlight up to the screen but was unable to see an image as some posts on this site have suggested.

I've disassembled it and took some images. The middle of the bn44 piece looks like it has "dark fur". Also not easy to see, one of the voltage regulators looks like it got real hot (dark around board).

Any help welcomed.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung p2770hd problems

try with other lamps, if not working, thange the TM-09210

Comment

Originally posted by astroice View Post
      My son's Samsung p2770hd seems to have died. It turns on for a few seconds. It shows the input in the upper left corner of the screen and then goes black. If I switch to the ota tuner it will show snow for a coupla secs before it goes black. I tried holding a bright flashlight up to the screen but was unable to see an image as some posts on this site have suggested.
      I have same TV with similar problem, but the boards look brand new, no "fur". All caps look good, and the fuses check OK. The HV output transformers show continuity. Screen and high voltage turn on for a second, then the high voltage goes away (tested with Fluke voltage detector). Sound and front LED work fine.

Originally posted by angel-boy View Post
      try with other lamps, if not working, change the TM-09210
      Did changing the TM-09210 inverter transformer work?
      Last edited by jotson; 09-27-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Necromancing this thread.

Same problem, image stays on for a fraction of a second and goes dark. No image with flashlight is shown either.
        Measuring 14.5V pins of the CN1001 give only 13.3V out. Is this normal or a symptom? Any other parts that I could measure?

Comment

Anybody has any ideas what to measure in this piece of Korean junk? I wouldn't want to start a new thread because problem is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by OniJon View Post
            Anybody has any ideas what to measure in this piece of Korean junk? I wouldn't want to start a new thread because problem is the same.
            Just posted this: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...471#post801471

Hope it helps you.

Comment

Working...
            X