Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hitachi flora 270gx bugs

oh dear, where to start?

this used to be my laptop, but by dad is using it now.

it was iffy now and then, but all was well last time i used it.

but now, with the addition of a 60gb hd and xp home, something unrelated happened:

the f2 ans 2 keys do not work. not in bios, not in windows. external keyboards via usb or ps/2 work fine.

i assume it could be a lose ribbon cord

note- it is a rare Japanese import, but the parts are acer- including the keyboard which had an acer no. on it last i checked.

also, do you think its worth a battery? it has a hollow dummy unit now. i once tried to fix it but the batteries were turds which i sent back for refund.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Re: hitachi flora 270gx bugs

first, happy fingers screwed it up. it should say "the "f2" and "2" keys do not work"

also,

update- the "s" key is also not working. all other keys are fine.
    Last edited by ratdude747; 11-23-2009, 02:07 AM.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Re: hitachi flora 270gx bugs

I just had an nc4000 with a few keys that did not work. 9,o,l,. and the Windows key.

It did turn out to be the ribbon, but in my case, you could tell it was the keyboard because of the sequence of the keys (Those keys run in a diagonal line). Luckily, I bought a new keyboard off egay with a few missing keys for like $10.

It could be the circuitry and changing the keyboard might not help you.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Working...
      X