Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 730 (CRT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 730 (CRT)

I have this CRT monitor for the recently reformatted XP machine at home; have had it for many years - and it's been working well since we got it with the computer. I do have a couple of quick questions about it though...

Firstly, the monitor is rather 'dim' and some of the dark parts of the picture are completely black. This is especially bad when playing a 3D FPS game, with dark areas. I tried turning the brightness and contrast up, and noticed that both were already set at 100%. Therefore, it's likely to have been 100% for several years of use now - is it possible the phosphor has 'burnt' evenly all over? There's certainly no hint of a Windows taskbar or any other image burnt into the phosphor.

The other issue is that I frequently have to adjust the screen height and width to get the picture to be full screen. It tends to go off-center when switching screen modes, or when turning the monitor off and on - but can drift when nothing has been happening!
    This morning I adjusted the image to full-screen, then used the PC for Internet browsing for an hour. By that time, the picture had widened and the extreme left/right was not visible! So I had to 'shrink' the picture in the settings again.

Anyone know why it might be doing this?
    You know there's something wrong when you open your PC and it has vented Rubycons...

Re: Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 730 (CRT)

sounds like its just tired.
    try bumping up the screen/g2 on the flyback.just enough to brighten it up.
    size change after warmup is likely dried out lytics.some mitz monitors had that brown glue under the hv adjust pot.
    would cause it to be dim and change width.

Comment

Working...
    X