Asus PB279Q working but no image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus PB279Q working but no image.

I have an Asus PB279Q and there is no image displayed but the panel is gray I can see the led panel is on the backlight is working, the monitor looks like it is working ok, in Windows I can see that it is recognised, if I change the resolution the screen respond but always with no image, the power button is on and stays on.
    With a flashlight I can't see any image.

At the boot there is no ASUS text displayed, the panel light on without any image, pressing the buttons there is no OSD on screen.

Already tested: cables, different pc, power on/off etc.

The caps looks ok, no evident sign of bulging.
    I was looking for the fuse but I can't find it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by xenio; 01-03-2018, 03:27 AM.

Re: Asus PB279Q working but no image.

It's possible that this is a T-con board issue. The T-con board is attached to the LCD TFT panel and is usually located at the top of the monitor under a metal shield. Once you find it, please post some pictures of it. While at it, there should also be a fuse on the T-con board near the LVDS connector. If you have a multimeter, check if it's good. Once we have some pictures of the T-con, we should be able to give you more things to test.

Comment

Thank Momaka, the pictures of the tcon board are already on the first post.

Comment

The pictures you posted are from the mainboard.
        momaka wants to see the board that is at the other end of the FFC, connected in the connector labelled "eDP" on the mainboard.
        The other board should be as large as the panel and either at the top or the bottom of the monitor.
        Once you find the other board, somewhere next to the connector will be an SMD component which is the said fuse. It may be white, or with a single letter labelled on it. You should check for continuity across this fuse.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
          The pictures you posted are from the mainboard.
          momaka wants to see the board that is at the other end of the FFC, connected in the connector labelled "eDP" on the mainboard.
          Exactly!
          Thanks for clarifying. I though I replied to that, but not sure what happened to my post. Anyways... yes we need pictures of the T-con.

Comment

Xenio: If you need to see what the Tcon panel may look like take a look at the pictures in this post and you will see what Momaka means:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66882

Comment

Oh... I get it, I didn't notice the board (tcon) on the back of the panel.
              The monitor is so slim that I didn't check on the other side of the connector.

The good news is that the warranty for the PB279Q is 3 Years! and Asus sent me in a couple of days a refubished working monitor

Probably as you all said the problem was the fuse on the tcon.

Comment

Working...
              X