LG studioworks 700m (Crt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG studioworks 700m (Crt)

Hi guys, well I have this old crt that was working perfectly fine for the first 10 months that I had it, but one day I wake up and hear something popping noises coming from the monitor integrated speaker and when I tried to turn it on it would do nothing, just keep popping untill I disconnected it. I took out the main board and touched 2 joints that were loose. Assemble it again and it was working fine but if kept turned on for +/-45 minutes it starts doing it again, you have to unplug the monitor wait till is cold and it starts just fine.
    What do you guys think it is?
    BTW this monitor is a pita to disassemble because after taking the screws out you have to pry all the plastic tabs around the hole case.
    Thanks in advance.
    Drack.

Re: LG studioworks 700m (Crt)

Probably more bad solder joints. Try resoldering every big component on the main board and CRT neck board.

Comment

Thanks momaka that was what I was thinking to do, will do it when I have some time (maybe tomorrow or the day after) I don't use this monitor too much (8 times probably in a year) but colors look so good on it that I just have to fix it

Comment

Yes, it's a 17" CRT, so the colors and contrast will indeed be excellent. I find the same often goes for 19" CRTs too. But once you go to 21", colors can get be little bland on some of them.

Anyways, keep us posted how it goes.

Comment

Well I was sick last two weeks so this project was on hold, will check it next week because right now I'm troubleshooting a Philips stereo that works intermittently (my dad reverted the polarity on a cable and the technician broke the psu PCB while checking what fried but he didn't find anything, but I found what it was, a cap that vented lol so yeah, might take a while) , next week will finally have some vacations! So more time for projects

Comment

Working...
          X