• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DELL inspiron 15 ic getting hot

You can try to replace with 2N7002K for Q2501

Comment

I already found the same board and with the same chip replaced it but still VREG3 still low resistance 1.8k and when injecting 1v the same chip getting hot. any help please

Comment

IF i removed that chip and measure resistance on VREG3 PIN 3 short is gone even i inject 1v not taking any amps, but when i put back the chip VREG3 became low resistance and shorted

Comment

Remove Q2501 and check resistance on all 3 pins.

Comment

I remove q2501 chip and check resistance PIN1 is short = 0.00 pin2 and pin 0L

Comment

Now apply 1V and 1A to the shorted pin of Q2501. Most likely bad PCH. Dont apply more then 1V.

Comment

CPU is warm probably dead cpu

Comment

@mclpslg123 I think the scrapboard i buy is identical to this board i put back the chip try this board that i buy all voltages is present but when pressing power button the power button is getting hot and when i power on with a tweezer pin 123 sparks and turns on then goes off something shorted.I attached the photo maybe this has a chance to solved please help
                  Attached Files

Comment

I measured the resistance on pins of that power button PIN1=4.5K PIN2=0L PIN3=10.0K PIN4 is the ground

Comment

The item marked by you as HOT is very likely LID Switch. Remove it from the power button board and try again switching.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulong2019 View Post
                        CPU is warm probably dead cpu
                        Unfortunately, Yes dead cpu and i was pretty sure about that by shorted PIN1 of Q2501. If you have a bga rework station, you can change it.

Comment

i already removed the power button and try to power with a tweezer it sparks and turning on and then goes off

Comment

The first board which cpu problem i dont have bga station maybe i will scrap that board but this other board that i buy seems to have a chance

Comment

in the bench lab when i power on with the twezer it turns on sparks then taking amps then goes off the lights slowly and it stays on bench lab 0.125amps

Comment

Seems like you are shorting wrong pins on power switch connector. Better you remove the LID switch and try switching with the power button .

Comment

in the bench lab when i power on with the twezer it turns on sparks then taking amps then goes off the lights slowly and it stays on bench lab 0.125amps
                                  On newer dell's , there is only one indicator and it glows once only while turning on or off. Rest of the time it doesnt glows.

Comment

I remove the led switch 3pin on the power button board and plugged in back still cannot turn on but when i removed the power button i can turn with tweezer its sparks and tuns on then goes off slowly

Comment

I remove the led switch 3pin on the power button board and plugged in back still cannot turn on but when i removed the power button i can turn with tweezer its sparks and tuns on then goes off slowly
                                      As i already said it sparks and glows 'coz you are shorting wrong pins. Voltage on switch present?? If so check RSMRST signal present or not on kbc. This mb uses nuvoton985 as kbc afaik. You can get kbc pins on DELL INSPIRON 15 7437_7537_7737_Wistron_Hadley15_12311-1 schematic which is avlbl.

My only advice to you is first check the basic requirement of KBC. Btw, did you checked resistance on all coils of this scrap board??

Comment

@mcplslg123 voltages on the pin 123 are present and has 3.3v the pin4 is the ground , i plugged the screen and turn on by a pin 4 to pin 2 by a tweezer in turns on fine and boots fine but when i plugged in the power button ribbon and board cannot turn on. Already tried jumper two wire to pin 2 and pin 4 to power button board still no luck.

Comment

update: i the power button board work plugged in but first i have to make it short with tweezer pin 1 and pin 4 but after plugging out the charger not working again i need to short first pin and pin4 in order the power button board to be work. any help or solution on this please

Comment

Working...
                                          X