Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RX470 4GB - maximum resolution of 1024 or 820

Hello to all

I got a RX 470 4Gb and of course I did my tests before powering it up 🙂 and I could notice some kind of liquid running under the memories .
    Big cleaning was necessary before anything else.

What I could find and change
    2 Fuses 10 A at the input of the 12 Volts connectors
    1 capacitor for the row of 12 Volts HS
    No more short circuit on the 12 V or elsewhere

So the card starts well but only in HDMI with a maximum resolution of 1024 or then choice 820 .Display port not functional

CPU-Z software detects an AMD radeon with its 4 GB ram and its GPU
    But in pixel Filrate and texture Filrate = unknow and pci express in x8
    My card seems to detect the card but indicates that it is a microsoft base video card.
    The impression that the gpu does not dialogue as it should.

What I could measure
    The other voltages are all stable (VMEM, VRAM, VCORE, 12 V, 5 V , 3.3V)
    No short circuit on the pci express

Two bios on this board and both have been updated and still the same

At BIOS level (U11) boardview for CLOCK = 0V and data in 0V seems that nothing happens to dialogue. It seems to be powered only in 3.3V
    Measured on U11 = Pin 1 CS# = 3.23V
    Pin 2 SO = 2.35V
    Pin 3 WP write protect input = 3.22V
    Pin 4 Ground
    Pin 5 SI Data Input = 0V
    Pin 6 SLCK serial Clock Input = 0 V
    Pin 7 HOLD = Hold Input = 3.22V
    Pin 8 VCC Power = 3.22V

BIOS number 2 (not present on boardview and diagram)
    Pin 1 CS# = 2.52V (Not the same voltage as the first)
    Pin 2 SO = 2.35V
    Pin 3 WP write protect input = 3.22V
    Pin 4 Ground
    Pin 5 SI Data Input = 0V
    Pin 6 SLCK serial Clock Input = 0 V
    Pin 7 HOLD = Hold Input = 3.22V
    Pin 8 VCC Power = 3.22V

See diagram

What would be the cause of this do you think the memory to rebill? Or missing voltage for the bios?

Thank you very much in advance
    Attached Files

Re: RX470 4GB - maximum resolution of 1024 or 820

Hello everyone

I come back to you with new and evolution. Then another problem comes =S definitely bad luck's fault.

So after reprogramming the bios with the programmer and with the latest version 015.050.000 ect.. which is on the site https://www.techpowerup.com/ and I disabled the card in device manager then clicked on installation.
    The card is detected again and the resolution is 1920x1080 again ok cool

Except that for a moment the ventilation stops after 2 min then the pc freezes at some point. And the same with restarting windows.
    After deactivating the card in the device manager, the card resumes its ventilation and the computer no longer crashes.

And once installed again it crashes the system, forced to disable the graphics card.And as you can see in BUS Interface there is PCI Express 16 3.0 @ X8.1.1 and should be Express 16 3.0 @ 3.0 normally
    So here I am lost

Do you think I should revert to the old version of the BIOS or do you have a power problem somewhere?
    Any ideas?

What to do ?? = S
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fab13; 01-25-2022, 12:38 PM. Reason: Sentence error

Comment

Test the card under load, AMD cards (contrary to NVidia) fall back normally to PCIe x1 when no load present, nethertheless x8 is strange. Bios could be the reason, try to find more bioses, maybe on the vendor site are some. If you find an update .exe file, no Bios file, you can try to extract the Bios from the .exe file with 7-zip or Winrar (Yes, it can be done) and program it directly on the card with CH341 programmer (be careful, some of them must be modded as they destroy 1.8V chips due to too high supply voltage by design, instructions can be found in the net). I recently extracted so all bioses for an Asus GTX1070 card.

Comment

Hello and thank you for this precious information.
        Indeed, I have now put the original bios when I recovered the card and indeed the resolution returns to 1024 and error code 43.

I had chosen the BIOS for a RX 470 4GB
        Nitro or I have the NITRO + and on the site there is the bios for NITRO + OC.

I try another bios with the CH341 programmer or with AMD VBFlash

And yet on the pin 5 data input I have 0 V as well as SCLK on one and the same on the second BIOS.Maybe it is during the power test with the test expansion card since it is not connected directly to the motherboard. This makes the measurements easier
        Any ideas for the pci express 8X? What do you recommend to check?

The impression that no data enters.
        I have reviewed the soldering and same problem

Comment

Rectification and success solved it seems for this card =D

For information, I flashed with another BIOS version via the AMDFLASH software and uninstalled NVIDIA drivers that were supposed to cause trouble.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use a different version of the BIOS, but I'm sure it's a good idea to use a different version of the BIOS.
          The card goes up to no more than 53 degrees
          Thanks a lot if this helps some people =)

Comment

So I'm back for another round lol

The card works great for hours in games.
            The only problem I encountered was that it didn't affect the display.

-The card is connected in Display Port then takes a while to give the image ie from the opening of the Windows 10 session
            Does not display the image of the motherboard brand
            - I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get the image on the screen, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get the image on the screen.

- I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use it on my computer, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use it on my computer.

I have never had this problem =S

-I've never had this problem =S BIOS up to date and working
            -GPU-Z software still shows PCIe x16 3.0 @ x 8 3.0?
            -Latest driver of course

Test if short circuit PCI-Express Reset signal no short circuit
            Diode 0.590 mV

Any idea maybe =D?

Comment

I have an R9 280x that only works at x8, one of the 16th PCIe lane measures 2.2v in diode mode whereas all the rest measure 0.45v

Comment

Have you tried in diode mode on each capacitor at the input of the pci express if all have the same value, i.e. 0.6mv or less depending on the generation, I think. If yours has different values or some are OL then it is possible that the GPU either reballing or possibly damaged internally. For my part I did not have this problem and the card is recognized in 16x. Test the pci express reset signal if there is no short, which would surprise me since the card resets.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X