ASUS ZenBook UX533F No Audio playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS ZenBook UX533F No Audio playback

Hi all, I am working on a ASUS ZenBook UX533F laptop. All works fine but No Audio playback from internal speakers. I Plug in the Headphone, Audio is 100% PERFECT. There was a 1UF 25V caps short near the Amp Chip TAS5766M, replaced it but still no audio from speakers, then I assumed since the Cap was shorted, the chip might have gone defective, so I even replaced the Amp Chip TAS5766M & even the ALC3288-CG to be on the safe side, but still no luck. Does anyone have the Schematics for this model to share, or kindly inform me where the problem could be??? Thanks for the help.

Re: ASUS ZenBook UX533F No Audio playback

Hi.

You have an Asus product and it is very very rare to have schematics. They were very tight on this at the factory.

The audio amp is from Texas Instruments ?

I think this one is the same ?

https://www.ti.com/product/TAS5766M

You can review the recommended reference pinout and design against your logic board. Do the replacement parts continue to work with the headphone ?

I would study the TI datasheet to see where there could be a soldering or component fault.

Update: Hate snow and it is OMG cold outside.

I would also study the headphone connector for possible lint / dust / debris. Use a can of compressed air to clean it up good. Guessing that once the headphone is removed, the internal speakers should take over ? This operation is linked to the contacts inside the headphone jack. It may be dust or just worn out and need to be replaced. Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by mon2; 01-23-2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Re: ASUS ZenBook UX533F No Audio playback

Thanks mon2., really appreciate your help. Yes it's the same chip as per the link you provided. I will study the Chip schematics & inform you when I rectify the fault.

Comment

Working...
      X