Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS X556UJ_MB rev 2.0 boardview

Hi,

Can someone send me boardview for ASUS X556UJ_MB rev 2.0 or similiar?

Thanks

Re: ASUS X556UJ_MB rev 2.0 boardview

Originally posted by aanev View Post
    Hi,

Can someone send me boardview for ASUS X556UJ_MB rev 2.0 or similiar?

Thanks
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

tnx bro

Comment

thank you
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-19-2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Hi. Do you have the schematic for this board?

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
            try..
            Do you have the schematics for this board? I have searched everywhere with no luck. I can't even find it in payed sites. I have a short circuit and I need it to fix my board.

Comment

@gtferrari - found a repair guide but is locked. Will PM you.

What is the issue with your board ? Often it is possible to service without schematics.

Post the details in the laptop side of the forum.

Comment

The repair guide is widely available if you google it,its on a some free schematic/bios sites
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-25-2022, 11:26 AM.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  The repair guide is widely available if you google it,its on a some free schematic/bios sites
                  Thanks for the reply. I have found this repair guide but I wanted the schematics. Even without the repair guide and using only the boardview I had found that I have a short circuit on the +1.0 VSUS to the ground and +1.8 VSUS to the ground. That's why I wanted the schematics to find out what is this voltage feeding to isolate this power and finally find the defected part. If I don't find it my only hope is the boardview and removing the parts that this voltage connects to. Both voltages goes to the CPU and I want to be sure that the CPU is the problem before throwing the board.

Comment

+1.0 VSUS to the ground and +1.8 VSUS to the ground
                    What is the resistance to ground that you are measuring on these rails ?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                      What is the resistance to ground that you are measuring on these rails ?
                      Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response.
                      Both are below 1ohm. It is a short circuit for sure but without the schematic it won't be an easy fix. I need to find the trail and see what components take part to this voltages and try to isolate the problem.

Comment

Using a power supply, set for 1v0 (not higher) and 2A scale or whatever your power supply can support.

Do not apply power to the logic board / no battery.

Use the above external power supply @ 1v0 setting to inject this voltage onto the 1v8 rail and check for which part is heating up.

You can use IPA (alcohol) poured over the parts and check for where the alcohol evaporates the fastest. Test it a few times but often, we found, a bad shorted tantalum cap will start to smoke / mist the alcohol. Remove that part and test the resistance to ground again.

Post your updates but this is the general procedure for your case. There are some excellent videos on youtube about this process. Check ADAMIT (I believe is the poster - the dude with the goatee).

Comment

Working...
                        X