Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened with the laptop schematics sticky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened with the laptop schematics sticky?

I posted a laptop schematics thread and it was made sticky. Other members contributed as well. Now i see it's gone entirely and once again there are many requests for schematics... Where did it go?
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: What happened with the laptop schematics sticky?

yeah, I noticed it too. I thought users now have access to delete threads.

Comment

I believe that the owner of the forum got an email from some notebook manufacturer or someone how have license to sell notebook schematics and told him to take the thread down.
      Who knows .........

Comment

Its a possibility because when I click a link on that thread it says that the account has been suspended and no longer accessible. Sites that sell schematics or board manufacturers cannot take what we do here in badcaps, help and sharing

Comment

i think too that schematics sellers had took it down, but no matter i/we will keep sharing on request.

Comment

I'm sure many people already know his site, but google "tim.id.au". He has quite a collection. Although he had to take down all Toshiba SM as well, on request of the manufacturer.

Comment

It wasn't me who took it down.
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

when all those 100s of schematics were being downloaded, (a couple of weeks back) when the person in question opened a NEW thread for each schematic, it seemed to be deleted when they were deleted, when they disappeared the sticky went with them, to my recollection.

Comment

Oh, the guy with the paid-for schematics site spamming the whole forum. I remember that. Well.... any votes against putting the collection back on here then? The google drive folder is still doing fine (and it's still in my bookmarks ).
                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                    Oh, the guy with the paid-for schematics site spamming the whole forum. I remember that. Well.... any votes against putting the collection back on here then? The google drive folder is still doing fine (and it's still in my bookmarks ).
                    no votes against.
                    i need the link too.
                    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

what is good good for some is good for all, we all learn something, you got my vote

Comment

From a quick view in those schematics I would say that were worthless, who cares about the very theoretical block diagram of how south & north bridge interconnects with CPU and VGA?
                        INTEL website is full of such documentation explaining theory and specifications of its one of their chips.

Comment

Some faults are in the power supply areas like the Point Of Load Buck regulators and battery charging circuitry. It is useful to have the detail of these areas.
                          Its possible to make do with data PDFs of the controller ICs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
                            From a quick view in those schematics I would say that were worthless, who cares about the very theoretical block diagram of how south & north bridge interconnects with CPU and VGA?
                            INTEL website is full of such documentation explaining theory and specifications of its one of their chips.
                            What if you have a blown chip that you can't even see what it is written on it?
                            The schematic is always useful .

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
                              Sorry but that means you never made it past the first page.

The schematics i linked to were full schematics of mainboards. Yes the first page is the block diagram, but that's normal as it tells you what connects to where and which page each block is on. Then there's sometimes a voltage table with the power supplies that are active in each state, but that's not always the case, some jump right in.

Anyway, after the first couple pages, you will find FULL schematics of all the subsystems. "Worthless" indeed.

Comment

I checked one or two ACER schematics, and the file was tiny, by having just the theoretical block diagram in them.

It is not wise to act sentimentally for some ones else sloppy job.

Comment

Those who need it will know how to look. Everything is there.

Comment

Maybe it's a good idea to post the link in the VIP section of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                                      Well.... any votes against putting the collection back on here then?
                                      I would say check with Topcat first, even if posting it in VIP. Perhaps he did get molested by those stupid pay sites or maybe Toshiba. Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                      X