This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Guys, my name is Brendon and i have been repairing things since i was a young lad, have had an affinity with tech and other bits and bobs since my first electronics play set - havent stopped since. im now progressing in an electronics repair shop and have had two businesses of my own, and im very much enjoying my job! i hope this is enough of an intro!

Comment

unable to delete
      Last edited by IT-Guy; 07-17-2020, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Hi
        Came here looking for info to repair a sharp 70 inch tv LC-70LE632U, I hope everyone is fine, THANKS

Comment

Hello im Jeremy I work at a laptop refurbisher and constantly get locked and broken stuff to fix

Comment

Thanks for welcoming me to this forum. I'm working on a Pioneer QX 949 receiver and I am curious what others might have in terms of ideas on various repairs.

shpunt9

Comment

Hello, My Name is Dave, been working in the electronics field since joining the Navy many, many years ago..lol. The days of troubleshooting and fixing things to the component level. Mostly because you had no choice. Not a lot of swapping parts back in the day

Almost 30 years at my current gig in Medical Electronics which for many reasons, it is not practical to do board level repairs.

Like many here, I am sure you you enjoy the challenge and rewards of repairing your own things.

Thanks for letting me join..

Comment

Hi - stumbled across this forum while searching for info on a Macbook Pro I was given. I've been slinging solder for about 45 years, but haven't done a lot in the last few decades, so I've fallen behind the times with SMD work and the like. New microscope for my old eyes though, and I'm trying to get back into it.

Comment

Hi, electronics student interested in this kinda thing.
                  Talk to you soon

Comment

my name is stephneo i am a student of and computer repair i am glad to be in this forum because the its one of the best forums where i have registered

Comment

Re: hi every one

my name is stephneo i am a student of informatics and computer repair i am glad to be in this forum because the truth is one of the best where i have registered

Comment

TXE36 here. Old school electrical engineer and long time lurker here. Picked up lots of good stuff over the years.

One area I haven't worked much with is switched mode power supplies and would like to know more. I have a couple I'd like to fix as well.

Comment

i have been troubleshooting and making repairs and reverse engineering circuits and firmware stuff since the '80s, e.g. Bosch Motronics, Allen-Bradley CNC and servo drives, HP Distance Measuring Interferometers, TCCH/Elcon Battery Chargers, Ryobi 40V BMS boards, Tesla CMU boards, Mitsubishi iMiev onboard chargers; Sony Panasonic, Samsung, Vizio TVs and audio amps, electric guitar pre-amps and pedals, etc.

There's always something that i don't know, which means there is something new to learn. Ain't life fun?

Comment

Elllo ello, I'm here to find a knowledge someone to do a very small but very important cap repair for me on a graphics card. Wish me luck

Comment

Hi, started as a computer engineer in the late 80s with a company that dealt with old Data General Mainframes, but moved on to become an Apple, Epson, Toshiba, Compaq and IBM dealership. I have tried my best to stay involved with self teaching for the last 30 years. Currently I am the local "fix anything guy" (reluctant to call myself mr fix-it for obvious reasons). I have an interest in electric transport, and have always loved working with engines. I do various radio and decoding projects (adsb aircraft and receiving satellite weather imagery) and still involved in computers and laptops. I sometimes struggle to keep up to date with the newer generation of devices at times. Thanks for having me

Comment

Hi, started as a computer engineer in the late 80s with a company that dealt with old Data General Mainframes, but moved on to become an Apple, Epson, Toshiba, Compaq and IBM dealership. I have tried my best to stay involved with self teaching for the last 30 years. Currently I am the local "fix anything guy" (reluctant to call myself mr fix-it for obvious reasons). I have an interest in electric transport, and have always loved working with engines. I do various radio and decoding projects (adsb aircraft and receiving satellite weather imagery) and still involved in computers and laptops. I sometimes struggle to keep up to date with the newer generation of devices at times. Thanks for having me

Comment

Hi there, I'm new! I joined because I'm an entry level maker who's looking to a few things. I do have experience soldering, just the creative project or repairing are a whole new world for me

Comment

Hello to all here , I just landed,its nice board i am a hobbist of electronics-modifys and computer , i am glad to be here..

Comment

Hello there

Comment

Just joining in after discovering this forum and wishing I had found it earlier.

I'm an active EE with a background in digital/analog electronics and embedded software. I have a fairly extensive home lab where I try (I'll repeat... TRY) to repair whatever comes my way. This mostly involves small power supplies with bad capacitors. Sound familiar?

I'm hoping I can learn a thing or two through this site and get these old PCs, printers, microwave ovens, and assorted devices running once again!

Comment

I'm a new member. I like to repair electronic devices vs replace them. I work for SMB owners, they own a variety of businesses: food processing plant, a sports bar/restaurant, an over-the-road hauling company, etc. I'll try to fix anything that the bosses would like fixed: computers, embedded controllers, TVs, A/V hardware, etc. I also handle misc IT issues that comp up with their office computer systems.

Comment

Working...
                                          X