X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Greetings everyone.

Although I've been working with computers for years, I can't say I'm very well versed in electrical circuits and soldering. However, thanks to the internet and youtube, I have started getting into how it all works and just the other day I completed my first successful soldering project (replaced 8 caps on a LCD monitor power board). Not only did it power up, but it didn't explode/catch on fire, AND it actually fixed the problem.

So, that about wraps up my extensive soldering experience. Glad to be here

Comment

Howdy,
      I've been around electronics for a number of years. Worked mainly on Airborne Radar while in the Air Force (4 years) and as a civilian with the Air Force (25 years). I have a multimeter (Fluke 75) and can follow schematic but no LCD or modern TV experience.

I currently have a Magnavox 37MF231D/37 that does absolutley nothing. I got it from my brother-in-law to see if I can fix it. He was about to e-waste it so I thought "what do I have to lose". This forum looks to be full of helpful people so here I am, looking for help. I'll be seeing you among the forums!
      AlRad

Comment

Found this forum while trying to repair a Samsung plasma.

Comment

Hello, My name is Kevin, I live in Spain, I love the electronics, repair motherboards, computers, electronics. I discovered this forum because once I got a tower with swollen capacitors and thanks to this fantastic forum and recovered several plates for this mythical failure. My last repair was a MSI 845 PRO. and I would love to bring all my experencia its forum.
          Gaming pc:
          nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
          Workshop PC:
          Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
          Server:

Comment

Hey all, found this forum when trying to figure out how to make a TL494 not explode IGBT's - well, havn't managed to do this yet, but I'm hoping some gurus can step in and lend some assistance.

I'm based in NSW, Australia, and am a hobbyist with many years in repair, but not heaps in design. I deal mostly with digital design, so analogue is a bit out of my area of experience.

Comment

Hi, my name is Max. I am in Virginia, and found this forum while searching ways to repair my HP LCD!

Comment

I am a DIYer wanting to fix my Tv, need some help focusing my efforts.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Mabuhay form the Philippines.
                  I'm Rob from Manila, an online manager and not-so-updated in techie-ness because I've been mostly working at home for the past 2 years.

I'm looking for tech friendlies who may have experience some of what I have and hoping for some help to give and take along the way.

Have an epic day to you!

Comment

Hey all, new to the board. Hoping to get some advice on a problem with my Samsung Plasma that has me completely stumped, and contribute myself If I can!

Comment

Hello all, I stumbled onto this site and have checked out quite a few of the threads and links. A lot of good info out there. I have been in around elctronics and computer related for quite a few years, and have fixed a ton of stuff too numerous to list. Also enjoy tinkering with engines and bikes, have had quote a few bikes over the years.
                      Currently working in the computer Biz, started checking out the flat screens with my little bro so he could waste more time playing Borderlands and the like. Got him a couple going and he got me playing that crap with him Ha Ha.
                      Since then I have done several more flattys and a europower mixer.
                      I,m in Oklahoma and I am 59 years young/old.

Regards
                      David
                      If it ain,t broke.......
                      If all the smoke is still in it, it should work,

Comment

Hello, was looking around the internet for some advice on fixing my LCD display.This website convinced me to try and replace the capacitors myself rather than buy a new monitor and/or a full board. Seems very helpful and full of great information.

Badcaps looks like a great forum!

Comment

Started in electronics years ago but have been working at a system level for many years and am a bit rusty with detailed circuitry operation such as switching power supplies but want to learn.

Comment

Hey all,
                            I'm Richard from austria
                            found this forum when trying to repair a samsung monitor. I hope i can repair it through the help of the experienced people in here, cause i hang on that thing.
                            I've learned no profession in the field electronics, but i got basic knowledge also want to learn and sharpen my skills.

regards richard

Comment

Hi All,

Found your site while repairing my lg monitor, hopefully i can be a productive member here and hope we are not

Darren

Comment

Hi there

I have been doing electronics for decades.
                                But still, everyday there is problems, that needs more thoughts.

Found this forum looking for hints repairing a Dell monitor.

Maybe I (we) will succeed....(?)

Julius

Comment

New to the forums....found you by searching for how to fix my Hanns-G 281D monitor.

Comment

Hey ya'll, There is nothing like the smell of a bad cap in the morning. Been in and out of Electronic Servicing since 1979. Currently doing Industrial Bench work with a lot of Backward Engineering. Always needing a hand in trouble shooting and am glad I find Badcaps. Plan on using the combined brain power here and may also have a thought or two. Thanks for letting me share with ya'll.
                                    Rick

Comment

Hi all,
                                      Im new to this forumn.
                                      I started off with my first home build a qwerty keyboard for a ZX81 ,
                                      then several computers later built my own interface that pluged into the isa bus.
                                      Repaired LCD display.s one a backlight failure and the other just a blown cap.
                                      I have repaired tv's over the years for myself and family.
                                      Now suddenly been given a led tv and need a help>
                                      Where do i post.

Comment

Hello all, hoping to get some help from the intelligent people in this forum

Comment

Hey guys,
                                          I got a couple LG plasmas that seem to have been knocked out by a lightning storm yesterday. The red standby lights are on on both of them but it will not turn on. Tried the whole holding down the power button while the tvs are unplugged, but that did NOT work. Wondering if there is a quick fix, if any that I can do.
                                          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X