X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey,

The name's Ryker. Joined the forum to look into fixing a Samsung monitor of mine.

Thanks,

Rex

Comment

Hey guys, great forum you have here! I joined up to do a little learning. I love tinkering, and thought, why not try fixing a TV. Been browsing craigslist and see plenty of plasmas that don't seem to need extensive work based on what I've read here, so I figured maybe I could give this whole repair game a shot. I usually work on cars/bikes/snowmobiles. Fixing things is a bit of a hobby. I'm a mechanical engineer at Ford (intern) also. Electronics aren't my specialty, but I am a part of a hybrid electric vehicle team. I just like to tinker and learn.

Anyway, great forum from what I've seen so far! Lots of smart people here.

Comment

Hi all, new to the site but have found it very informative and encouraging that i can fix some old dell monitors. I work in pc support in a small office and happen to enjoy taking things apart!

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hey all, my names Josh.
            I'm new to this site, came here as I'm currently attempting to fix an lg plasma I've recently acquired. Hopefully I can contribute to the community here, computer troubleshooting particularly as this the area I know best. Thanks guys.

Comment

Hello,

I'm a physicist and a custom computer builder. Looking for good info.

Comment

Hi guys

I have been in the computer repair/refurbishing business for about 7 years now and I have used this forum for many repairs/diagnostics. I made an account so I could see pictures and post if I have any questions that really stump me.

Thanks for all your help so far and hopefully far into the future.

Comment

hello,

Always visit this site as guest. Now i am a member of it! Keep up the good work!

Greetings for Greece!

Comment

Hello everone. Just an old retired electronic technician trained by the United States Navy. I grew up on vacuum tubes and remember my first course in something called "transistors." Worked shipboard electronics and worked for many government contractors as an electronic technician. I still try to keep up with today's technology but it is moving at so fast that it sometimes seems like a losing battle foe me anyway.

This forum is great and very informative.

ttrue41

Comment

Hi all, just joined from las vegas looking for some information about better caps to use on my blown power supple on a plasma from samsung

Comment

Hello All! I'm Momad from Italy, I joined this forum in May, for a short time working as a technician informatics (especially the portable) still the first weapon, are looking for information on the internet, i met with this forum, i liked the mode of cooperation between the members, i choose to be part of your Groppo, Hoping to be useful for me or for someone with the few information that i have. Rarely do I register in the forums, i devoted most of the time to search for useful information, and then i have little time to check messages or perform the discussions long, but every so often checking the new post, giving a general overview, then i choose those that i have any queries or those that i can participate with useful information and accurate. Said all! I wish you a fantastic forum. Thank You!
                        Sorry for my English!

Comment

Hello, I stumbled upon this website when trying to discover the issue I have with a TV I have acquired. Just saying hello and thanks.

Comment

Hello,
                            I am Helmut from Germany. My intension is to repair things if possible, instead of replacing them by new stuff. Hopefully this will help to somehow save the environment a little bit. I'm an electronics engineer with about 30 years of experience in IC-design and 5 years experience in analog RF design for mobile communication. So I will belong to the oldies group in this forum...;-)
                            The reason I joined this forum is an actual task with two Dell 2001FP monitors showing vertical color stripes. The monitors are too good to be thrown away...
                            Regards
                            hgross

Comment

Hi I'm Jin from Cebu Philippines. I joined because i want to know about component level repair and more about computer. cheers.

Comment

Hi, greetings from Rijeka, Croatia.

Found this forum years ago when i came across bulggie capacitor motherboard - i forgot which one but i assume it was MSI
                                Electronics is my hobby and therefore i have a room full of all kind of electronics that need to be repaired

Comment

Hi, greetings from Serbia!

Comment

Hi to all, greetings from Paris.

My name is Gil Figueiredo. I am Portuguese and do live in France since 1970.
                                    Have been working in electronic CAD business since 1980 as application engineer. Scientific Calculations in 80's,
                                    Harris EDA and VeriBest in 90's.
                                    Since 2000 I'm running my own business as consultant.

I joined the forum because my Samsung PS42C96HD plasma just failed.

The problem is similar to the one in this thread :
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27221

Thank you all for the productive information provided here.

hope to contribute in near future.

Gil

Comment

hello to
                                      everybody

Comment

Hello there!

I am a road warrior/project manager. I needed to pick up visual basic, which led me to a problem with my OS, which led me to purchase and install Windows 7, which led me to a problem with my power adapter in my M1330 (crappy Dell Laptop)... and at this hour, I have decided to repair my first motherboard to get back at Dell. See on the other side.

Comment

Hello Folks,

Edge here, malaysia. Working as a service engineer and currently deals different types of repair and servicing of different types of boards and equipments used in our production floor.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                                          X