This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Hello. Found this forum while troubleshooting a Delta Electronics DAC-19M009 power supply for a monitor. Lots of good info on here. I'm an aircraft electronics tech and this site can be useful. Thanks!

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Can I use a 1800uf 6.3v 8mm x 20mm to replace a 1800uf 6.3v 8mm X 24mm? This is off a cheap compaq MB

Comment

forgot to introduce myself ...i apologize ..
        i'm sangaji ...live in indonesia ...work in computer store ..
        found this site looooooooooooooooooooong time ago ..
        love this site with all knowledge here ..

Comment

Hello,

My name is Dimitar and I'm from Bulgaria. A software engineer by trade, but with a keen interest in all things electronic.

Regards,
          Dimitar

Comment

Hey all! My name is Kris, I am very interested in everything electronic (especially lasers) and I am studying at a university to become a physicist. My first experience in repairing electronics on component level was a PC that my dad was replacing when I was 8, ended up only having to replace a few caps and it worked again!

Comment

Hello there! Just found that forum this weekend, because on my Zotac graphics card there have been 4 caps blown. I don't know why, but i asked myself if it could be possible to replace them because the card did not stop working complete, but showed some strange distortions on screen, right away from booting. So i first wanted to find out what caps i had an *surprise* there where Sacon FZ caps. They are really a dissease and i'll try to replace them. Thanks for this forum, because i've thrown away such a high number of devices and i now know that most of them could have been repaired. My soldering techniques are not the best (tried to change a 32pin BIOS chip and trasehed a board completely), but i also have had some success-stories with smd leds resoldering. So i usually do not soler/rework/resolder boards and other electronic pieces for whiche i have no reserves ... just to be save... So this is my "hello badcap" opening message and i hope with your help i will manage the next 20+ repairs.

Comment

Hi. I'm John from Wisconsin. IT pro and die-hard hardware reuse/recycler. On the bench: three (!) HP nc6230 laptops with random reboot issues, and Acer 17" flat screen with no power. I spend too much time on this stuff. But it's good to know I'm not alone.

Comment

Hi! I'm a 13year old boy from Norway
                  I have been interested in computer since I was 5 years, and have learned alot through these years.
                  I have an OP GX280 with bad caps (from Nichicon?) and signed up to get more into soldering/caps (:

Comment

Hello I'm new at this but I do have a Dell 1700 W with the same ole problem of having a bad inverter board. Hoping to find a kit to repair this can anyone help with this?

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                      I'm an electrician from industrial/commercial/food/pharmaceutical background with Dip.Elec.Eng who loves to tinker with anything electronic or midly technical. I found this forum while trying to decipher which capacitor I need to repair a monitor.
                      I'm an Australian with a young family and a love for life......

Comment

Hi all, and looks like a good and friendly site, look forward to helping if possible, andgetting help if needed.
                        Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Comment

hello my name is gabe. i live on long island first computer was a atari 800 i believe with basic, then the commodore 64, then the amiga.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch0069 View Post
                            Welcome oreynid. we like to have fun here.

we also manage to answer questions too.
                            Hello everyone...., I work in Los Angeles for a Media outfit here, where I'm responsible for repairing monitors and the likes (video and computer). So I've run across an HP HSTND-2B01 or L1955 computer monitor with no service manual (schematic diagram). Did a google search and got lucky and found people with similar concerns, questions and answers.
                            Thanks for allowing me to join. Hope I will be a help to someone.

Will upload pix later.

Comment

Hi All, I'm Stan

I'm from Poland, and have 20 years' experience in electronics and IT.

First learned about the exploding capacitors the hard way, by inspecting my own failing Shuttle AK31 motherboard back in 2003 IIRC. I quickly learned that my case is by no means isolated, and have since been on the lookout for suspicious-looking caps inside various equipment brought in for repair as a first diagnosis step

I stumbled upon this site while searching for some ideas about DELL SX270, of which I have a dozen or so in my current workplace (as production area machines).

Hope to collect some ideas and experience from fellow members, and be able to share mine in return.

Cheers

Comment

Hi, I found this forum while looking up components in a D-Link access point.
                                If you want to know more about me check out my personal site at: http://www.abovesobelow.com

Maybe I'll check out more stuff, but I was just trying to get at the attachments on a certain post.

Thanks

Comment

Hello!

I joined this forum while searching for a solution to a buzzing subwoofer, and found a thread containing pictures and answers to my problem.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6751

I am somewhat new to electronics.

Comment

Hi! I'm Mike ... I came here after having issues w/ my Samsung TV. I'm an older guy, coming from a long history of building my own PC's ... started with a C64 back in the very early 80's and a hacked Atari 2600 . I was a TV repair guy in the Army (back when TV's were made with tubes) and the became an Electrical Engineer after my Army days. I still like to tinker and fix things myself as much as I can. However, having 6 kids can make time for tinkering a bit troublesome! Here's to electronics and all that they do for us!

Comment

Hello to all
                                      Was out trolling the net looking for some way to fix my Samsung SyncMaster 226BW and low and behold I made it here and must say that Im happy that I did !!
                                      Had no luck with Samsung themselves but after a short time here I have solved my problem with the search button and some great information posted here Parts are on order and the soldering Iron is at the ready

thanks for the welcome
                                      oldgezzer

Comment

Newby on The Block

Hi, I am Kirk and live in Chatham, On Canada, and after reading most of the night/morning I took the ViewSonic VA902B apart and found 3 bulged caps in the power supply, so I removed and replaced with the same/like capacitors and don't you know it, I am happily using my Monitor again as I type, just want to say thanks for all the incredible information that is here. Also if you want to see my other hobby go to http://www.kdracingteam.com/ and leave a comment or sign the guest book. Now onto the next project ATX power supply with a bad cap then onto my Pioneer Stereo SX-950 for re-cap (34 years) should be done I am guessing.

Comment

I have used the info I have gleened from this forum to repair many things for myself (primarily), and family, then friends. I was medically retired after a training accident while I was working for Uncle Sam in the USAF after 10 years. The first four years I was a Avionics Technician on B-52G/H Bombers and KC-135A/Q/R Tankers, then I became CATM (Combat Arms Training and Maintenance). I grew up in the home electronics field as my Father was the head Tech for a family owned and run shop that had been around since 1950. Two important things I learned in the USAF and from my Father were "A human mind thought of it a human mind can fix it", and "Its already broken, you can't break it any more unless you get stupid, TSGT Tim Pollard". Advice I live by. I am from a fairly small town 20,000 people and I have a reputation for trying to fix anything. It has served me well, I have repaired weapons for the local pd and sheriffs office, and automated water samplers for the the city water dept and everything in between. Lately though I have found that fixing stuff to keep it out of the landfill system has its own rewards, so I have been gathering non-working items from various sources and fixing them and donating them to the local Salvation Army, along with the local Christian School. Sorry for the long read and thanks so much for the help and info.

Comment

Working...
                                          X