This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi just signed up as I am keen to start learning electronic again.

I used to be a computer games programmer in machine code 6502/6809/68000 for the BBC Micro and CBM64, Dragon-32 then when i left school went to work as a developer for Jvc using machine code and cobol85, paradox rdbms and loads of other boring high level languages.

Going from machine code games to business programming was a downer so I am now in Cisco networking and servers , virtualisation.

As I said hoping to start a business and get away from working for someone else - i am already pretty much expert in repairing servers and home pcs , laptops and tablets.
    Some experience in smartphone repairs but need to get much more experience in tv repairs which seems to be more of a money maker than the paltry money you can make from repairing pcs these days.

Anyway hopefully i can post something now.
    Last edited by omendata; 07-26-2015, 02:38 PM.
    You are only too old when you say you are too old!!!

Comment

Total Newbee here! Trying to learn electronics.... Analysis of PCBs.... Attempting to learn how to use oscilloscope....
      I will have to explain, I am well versed in electrical wiring and to some extent reading schematics. Just need to know how use my tools to diagnose PCBs.... Help!!!!

Comment

hi - my background is in IT. Joined forum to try and fix my lcd TV.

Comment

Hi everybody ! Greetings from Argentina ! My english is very poor, my apologies about it. I'll like to try repair computers as a hobby and thanks to share all your knowledge to us !

Comment

Hello from Las Vegas Nevada:

I am a Retired Electronic Communications Technician and Supervisor from Los Angeles...

Trying to repair an Asus VH242 LCD Monitor..."goes black after two seconds"

Comment

hello

Comment

Ok, hi all i'm a random guy who likes to do most of the things by his own hands. been trying to repair sh#t several years already, searching solutions on the internet and now i'm stuck with capacitors of samsung 710n / mj17bs mj19bs. maybe not enough info of myself and its kinda pretty useless but still needed to post smth. gl all

Comment

Greetings
                  Broken Caps brought me here!

Comment

Looking for help in removing a ribbon cable that appears to have no snap in features on a Sanyo DP55360 Tv

Comment

Hello I'm trying fix a Samsung LED TV which is bootlooping.

Comment

Hello, I was just given a 42" vizio that wont turn on, I am looking forward to fixing this set.

Comment

hi,my handle is imthegloop yea i know its funny but i have used it for many years. I love this website and can see myself using it alot. I have worked in tv repair for over 20 years and now getting back into repairs. I will update this after i use this site more
                          thanks

Comment

hi to all from Portugal ;-)

Comment

hi to all from Portugal
                              I'm a DIY guy in electronics field (and other fields too).

Comment

hi,

just registered on the board, found this place after turning to google for answers on the 2 sec screen to black issue ... had the screen out to be repaired by someone who studies electronics, only to get the screen back with the same issue and a small bag of capacitors (sigh)

opened up the screen and noticed that a big capacitor had been cut off and not replaced, so i'm guessing that's where my problem is ... i'll post the rest of the info in the relevant subforum / thread

got a big capxon c716 capacitor sitting on my desk, trying to find a place that sells the exact same one ... or well, at least a part that won't blow the screen up ...

very new to soldering as well .. so might be quite the journey

Comment

I am a still struggling to retire but losing hope electronics repair person who doubles as a home theater display calibrator. I specialized in CRT tech for years, both front and rear projection, but now have had to move on to today's displays. Still, a thread about CRT RPTV's that I started in 2006 is still going strong over at that other site where you'll find it, search out "Don't Dump Your CRT RPTV!" I am proud to say it hit a million views last year.

My first contact with this site allowed me to fix my Panasonic 46" plasma today, which has been sitting in my garage needing fixing for about 2 years now. It is now up and running and looking great, thanks to this forum.

I hope to be able to contribute something back from myself to you guys, in the coming weeks and months.

Such as TC 51 fixes the Westinghouse 42" LCD! It was a 470uF, and I was able to series 2 1000's instead to bring it back to 500uF - close enough - which brought it right back from the dead!

Mr Bob
                                  Last edited by mrbob84; 07-27-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Dear badcaps community,

I was born in 1993 and my electronic adventures started as a young child playing good old sega genesis with sega cd aka saturn.

I wish u all the best of luck with your electronic repairs.

sincerely,
                                    bman4

Comment

I am settlingtothebottom, looking for help learning tv repair for myself and friends. when I said I was going to figure out how to fix my tv people started bring me their broken sets. I have ten now and I will be searching badcaps for help. I don't know enough to ask a question so I will brows awhile. thanks

Comment

Hiya all!

decided it was about time to register and stop browsing as a guest

Comment

Hi everyone my name is Lorenzo and I tinker with just about every thing . I am a mechanic
                                          by trade and do some wood working and electrical work and right now I am trying to fix my TV . I have a Toshiba REGAZA has no power need help to fix.

Comment

Working...
                                          X